In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Notebook

[Other] [PROBLEM] black screen in bios and windows

2019-07-28 05:36:58
187 2
Hi, is anyone come across something like that?

I have 13.3" tm1703  i5-8250U + Windows 10

half a year ago troubles began. Sometimes after rebooting or hibernating Windows, the built-in screen stopped working even in BIOS. it was possible to look at BIOS only through external screen on hdmi.
If i boot in Ubuntu (even from a flash drive), it turned on the built-in screen and it continued to work. For Windows, there was a workaround - Ctrl + shift + win + b - they wrote that this reloads the video driver and the screen was turned on.

A week ago, the screen turn black again and Ctrl + shift + win + b no longer helps. In Ubuntu the screen turns on as before, but when notebook reboots, it will go out again until the next Ubuntu login.
Once screen turned on when the battery was discharged to 0 and the laptop did not turn on until I plugged in the power, but after sleeping the screen turned off again

What can it be connected with and why does it not work even in BIOS!?

Thanks in advance for your help.

that already tried:

update drivers for video cards intel and nvidia
I tried in the device manager to turn off the video cards
reinstalled windows
updated bios to XMAKB3M0P120C

2019-07-28 05:36:58
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Pacman6216241036 | from Redmi Note 3

Does Windows loads at all when using external screen?
2019-07-28 10:22:31

Rookie Bunny

vano353 Author |

Pacman6216241036 replied at 2019-07-28 17:22:31
Does Windows loads at all when using external screen?

Yes. All work fine except there are no built-in screen in system like only external one exists
2019-07-28 14:25:59