In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Photography

[Album] My Vacation in Ukraine with MI MAX 3!

2019-07-22 13:21:57
515 13
On vacation, I take a lot of photos! And this time they are quite a lot, and decided to share with you some of them.

I spent it in the Transcarpathian region (Ukraine). A lot of amazing and beautiful places has my country.

• Device: Xiaomi Mi Max 3
  • Camera: 12+5MP
  • Camera settings: AUTO+AI

Uzhgorod Castle
Uzhgorod Castle - the historic heart of the city of Uzhgorod in Transcarpathia. The castle was erected in the Middle Ages by magnates Drugetta, then rebuilt several times, now opened as a local history museum. The fortress is located in the heart of the city of Uzhgorod on a hill of volcanic origin in a very convenient place: at the junction of mountains and lowlands.

Uzhgorod castle after its fortification was never taken by storm. The last time he defended the Austrian garrison in 1703-1704 during the uprising led by Ferenc II Rakoczy. The comrade-in-arms of the latter and the owner of the castle Miklos Bercheni received in him the ambassadors of France, Russia and Poland during the anti-Habsburg uprising. After the cessation of the uprising, the Kuruc garrison laid down their arms. After the division of Poland and the establishment of the eastern borders of Austria far to the east, the castle lost its value and was transferred to the empress of the Mukachevo Greek Catholic Diocese, which organized her own seminary here. In the postwar period, the Transcarpathian Museum of Local Lore was housed in the castle.

Palanok Castle or Mukachevo Castle
Palanok Castle or Mukachevo Castle (ukr. Palanok Castle; Hung. Munkács vára; Rusin. Palansky Varos) - a castle in the town of Mukachevo in the Transcarpathian region of Ukraine, located on a volcanic mountain of 68 meters in height, covers an area of 13,930 m². The exact date of the founding of the castle is unknown, it is first mentioned in documents dating from the 11th century.

At the beginning of the XVIII century, Palanok again became the center of hostilities between the Kurucians and the Labanians - adherents of Hapsburg domination. In 1703, detachments of Kurucians under the leadership of Prince Ferenc II Rakoczi liberated the city of Mukachevo, and then the castle itself, from Austrian troops. In 1711, according to the Satmarsky peace treaty , all the possessions of Ferenc II Rakoczy were transferred to Emperor Joseph I. The Mukachevo castle laid down its arms one of the last, after the signing of the surrender.

After the victory of the Austrians, the castle underwent a restructuring, but no longer had its strategic importance. The Habsburgs handed it over to their vassals Schönborn. In the years 1782-1896 there was a political prison here, first of all, of the Holy Roman and then Austrian empires. For more than 100 years, more than 20 thousand prisoners have been imprisoned here. In July 1847, the Hungarian poet Shandor Petefi visited the prison castle.

In 1896, the prison was liquidated, after which the castle gradually collapsed and fell into disrepair.

During the period of the Czechoslovak Republic, troops were stationed in the castle. After the territory of Subcarpathian Rus (Carpathian Ukraine) was annexed by Hungary at the beginning of World War II, the Hungarian military forces settled in the castle.

After the end of the war, according to the agreement of June 29, 1945, the territory of the former Subcarpathian Rus became part of the Ukrainian SSR, after which a vocational school was housed in the castle.

Since 1960, there is a historical museum in Mukachevo castle.

Just beautiful and charming views!)
Thank you all for watching, and your comment.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +20 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-07-22 13:21:57
Favorites3 RateRate
Amazing views, but what about selfies ?, Thanks for sharing
2019-07-22 13:57:32

Master Bunny

385234419 | from MI MAX 3

Great views!
2019-07-22 13:59:15

Photography Team

Jillzy | from Redmi Note 5

Man, it's amazing! Thank you for photos and story !
2019-07-22 14:45:40
Awesome. Good story and great pictures.
2019-07-22 15:12:39
AKASH
Photography Team

Resource Team

iMKajal | from MI 8

Thanks for sharing with us :)
2019-07-22 21:16:59
wow, so pretty! great place! thank you!
2019-07-22 22:30:08
Awesome
Great views!
2019-07-23 02:03:46

Grand Master Bunny

Seragios | from Redmi 5

Thanks for sharing
2019-07-23 05:29:21

Device team

$huvo | from Redmi 4

Nice clicks
2019-07-23 11:15:56

R/O

Thanks for sharing. Ukraine looks a beautiful place. maybe I have a trip on Ukraine next vacation :)
But I have a problem. I will buy e-cigarettes on the https://www.vapingcig.com. Is it legal to smoke e-cigarettes in public places?
2019-07-24 05:10:30