In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Pad 4

[Q&A] Cant install Netflix on Mi Pad 4 Plus

2019-07-18 19:56:45
2405 4
Hello guys,

I just received my brand new Mi pad 4 Plus from Xiaomi store on AliExpress.

I came with Global rom and I can install every app I want, except for Netflix.

Google App Store says the device is not compatible.

I also tried to download the apk from netflix site but after installing and running the app, a message comes up saying "Device not compatible"

How can I solve this?

Thanks for your help.
2019-07-18 19:56:45
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Figurant1968 | from mobile

Try to install xiaomi.eu firmware or another custom firmware
2019-07-23 00:03:16

Rookie Bunny

Horváth Péter | from MI PAD 4

Because it has L3 security level(use DRM info app from play store to verify) . You can dowload and install it (just google netflix apk, i recommend you the site apkmirror), but HD quality isn't available.
2019-07-23 12:30:00

Rookie Bunny

6221499595 | from MI PAD 4 PLUS

2019-12-05 06:59:47
The original firmware for this device is Xiaomi China firmware. It has no Google services built-in.
You need manually to install Google services and then Netflix and any other Play Store app usually works.

Any other firmware is custom firmware and may decline to run or install some apps from the Google play store because it detects the firmware and or bootloader is not Google play protect compatible.
2019-12-05 09:58:55