In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[Tech Weekly] Tech Weekly Vol. 11: Android Q Beta 5, ‘Agent Smith’ malware, MediaTek i700 platform and More!

2019-07-16 00:37:56
2738 68

Hello Mi Fans,

Technology is revolutionizing the way we live, we work and interact with others. High-tech approaches are an integral part of our lives now. What would we do without technology in our daily lives? Love it or hate it, technology is here to stay and how. We at Mi Community try our best to keep our Mi fans updated with the latest technology trends and news. In the hustle and bustle of our busy daily lives you may not get enough time to have a look on each of the tech news we put here. No worries, we are here to help you out.

If you couldn't keep up with the tech updates of last week due to your busy routine here is the compilation of Tech threads that have been posted here in past week for you. Lets see what we have in store for you!

• [Tech Wednesday #6] Increasing Use Of Voice Assistants: Leading To Data Breach ? by sagarplay

As long as voice assistants are on the rise, data privacy should be too. The market is filled with voice assistants from Siri and Google Assistant to Portal and Alexa. Whether it’s your alarm clock, bluetooth speaker, or even microwave, these can be found in every room of a home or office. Voice assistants are not only considered a household item in today’s tech-centric society, but are also pervasive within offices and companies. 85 percent of businesses will use voice technology such as Cortana to communicate with customers by June 2019. 44 percent of retailers say they will implement IoT devices like Amazon Alexa and Google Home in stores by December 2019.

Read full thread here: https://c.mi.com/thread-2287029-1-0.html

• MediaTek launches intelligent i700 platform with boosted AI performance by ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ

MediaTek announced the iAIT platform i700 with high-speed edge AI computing capability for fast image recognition. Its single-chip design integrates processing units, including CPU, GPU, ISP, and AI core. The i700 platform adopts an octa-core architecture, integrating two ARM Cortex-A75 processors operating at 2.2GHz and six Cortex-A55 processors operating at 2.0GHz. Also, there is an IMG 9XM -HP8 graphics processor operating at 970MHz. In addition, the i700 platform is equipped with MediaTek’s CorePilot technology, ensuring that the eight cores can optimally configure computing resources in the most efficient manner.

Read full thread here: https://c.mi.com/thread-2287909-1-0.html

• Here’s everything new in Android Q Beta 5! by VikuBalupura

Android Q Beta 5 brings us even closer to the official launch of Google’s next mobile operating system in the coming months. We’re enrolling in the Beta Program and sideloading the OTAs right now to explore all the tweaks and near final iterations of the UI and features, so stay tuned to our updating (reverse chronological) list below. With every beta release, Android Q is nearing its finalized state. Many new tentpole features — like dark mode and gestural navigation — were announced at I/O 2019, with these upcoming updates focussed on optimizing for the consumer launch.

Read full thread here: https://c.mi.com/thread-2288604-1-0.html

• ‘Agent Smith’ malware replaces legit Android apps with fake ones on 25 million devices by Mohammed Abdalfattah

Researchers from cybersecurity vendor Check Point have discovered a new kind of mobile malware targeting Android devices. Dubbed Agent Smith, the malware has been found to exploit known weaknesses in the Android operating system to replace legitimate installed apps on the device with malicious versions without requiring users’ intervention. Based on their research, Agent Smith has been found to leverage its broad access privileges to display fraudulent ads and profit off them.

Read full thread here: https://c.mi.com/thread-2288199-1-0.html

• [Tech Class #5] What is Face recognition system ? and its advantages and disadvantages by ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ

For many years, Facial recognition systems were considered the stuff of sci-fi novels and spy movies. This technology has always been a concept that lived in fictional worlds. And now, it is quickly becoming a reality. Today, our technology has developed this field significantly as we are seeing it become more common in our everyday lives. While this new technology can be valuable when trying to find terrorists, some people think that it is an invasion of their privacy.

Read full thread here: https://c.mi.com/thread-2294930-1-0.html

Thanks for reading!
We will be back with another episode of Tech Weekly next week!

Rate

Number of participants 5 Experience +80 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-07-16 00:37:56
Favorites33 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Amethi | from MI 8

Thanks for the compilation
2019-07-16 00:43:57

Resource Team

iMKajal | from MI 8

Awesome Compilation!