In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [Mi ART] MIUI-ify - Customizable Notification Shade and Quick Settings!

2019-07-14 06:14:41
9001 89

Hello Mi Fans,

Hope all of you are doing well. The notification shade is definitely an important element of your phone. Be it enable mobile data or WiFi or changing sound profiles, we often interact with the notification panel. If YOU are a fan of  MIUI 10 and at the same time love to customize the notification shade, then today's app is for you - MIUI-ify - Notification Shade

First Look

If you are using the app for the first time, you would be welcomed with a simple orange start up page. You need to swip left to get started. To work smoothly on your android device, MIUI-ify needs some permissions to be enabled like Accessibility service, Notifications and Overlay permissions. Once you are done with this the last and final step will be to set a stly for the panel background. You can choose the blur wallpaper or blur background for it. In case you wanna keep it absolutely simple. Just click on None.

Features

Before we start exploring all the features, one thing needs to be discuss here is the Handle position. With the handle you can pull up the bottom notification bar from the bottom of the screen. You can move the handle trigger to the right or left if your phone has navigation gestures enabled. You can also change it's width and height according to suitability. There are many more options as well like choosing apps to hide the handle in, or you can hide it while keyboard is open. It all depends upon your preference, how you wanna use it. Oh, don't forget to turn on the service by switching on the top button. Otherwise the app won't work :D

Tiles:
This feature holds more than 40 different settings. You can drag and drop tiles to re position them in the active or inactive area. Some of the tiles are - WiFi, Mobile data, Bluetooth, Sync, Location, Language, Sound, Screen Time out etc. Some of the toggles needs root permission to work. One interesting feature of MIUI-ify is you can set the app to toggle settling for any frequently used apps or website URLs or shortcuts. Like here, I have create a toggle for my most used app Browser. This one I really love and it's extremely useful.

Sliders and Layout:
In MIUI-ify there are customization for both sliders and layout. You can opt for brightness, media volumes, notification or rong volume in the slider section. On this MIUI 10 theme based app you can also change the number of tile rows and columns. There is option to hide tile text or enable/disable icons in the system icon area as well. So over all it's full of customization.

Notifications and Extras:
This feature is all about notifications. You can choose to dynamic notification colors or customize the notification background. One twist here is, it's a premium feature. You will get a 10 hours free trial for it. But if you wanna unlock it's full potentiality you need to buy it with 1.4 $. There are some extra tweaks as well like vibrate on touch, Open panel directly to expanded, auto close panel etc. It all depend upon your customization choice.

Color and background:
This last feature is my most favorite. It allows to change the color or background of the notification panel.Staring from setting individual color and transparency to adding panel image of your choice there is everything that would make your visual experience eye candy. A lot of default color themes are added and other than that you can set your preferred image from your phone's gallery  too. If you don't want to make it complex . Just keep it simple by adding blur wallpaper option from the background settings. Last but not the least you can choose to color the navigation bar as well.

Settings:
In the settings you can change the app theme dark , white or black. The black one looks really cool. Also note, a one time command can be executed from your computer that allows you to toggle the settings that need root permission. You would find a detailed guide for it in settings.But I would suggest you, if you don't have proper knowledge of ADB, don't go for it.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • More than 40+ toggle settings
  • control all your notifications
  • lot of customization feature for the bottom notification panel
  • A lot of color and dynamic settings
  • change slider and layout
  • dark mode

Cons:
  • Many of the features are premium
  • sometimes crashes looses accessibility permission on it's own

Conclusion

MIUI-ify gives you a smooth and native feeling MIUI 10 styled quick setting and notification panel at the bottom of your screen. Even if you are not a Xiaomi phone users, still you can use it on your android phone and enjoy the essence of MIUI 10. There are loads of customization available. The only con of the apps is many of the features are premium.

If you love the MIUI 10, then you will love this as well. So I would definitely recommend this app if you are in hunt of customizing your notification panel and bring a new taste to it. I will give it 4.3 out of 5

Additional Information

Downloads

Download MIUI-ify - Notification Shade from Google Play Store

Or,

Download the APK:
MIUI-ify.apk (4.23 MB, Downloads: 171)

Rate

Number of participants 6 Experience +96 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-07-14 06:14:41
Favorites57 RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Amethi | from MI 8

Using it. I completely love this app
2019-07-14 06:21:51

Master Bunny

1630485853 | from Redmi Note 7

Thanks for sharing!
2019-07-14 06:34:52

Master Bunny

Maji George | from Redmi 3S

Nice Application!
2019-07-14 06:38:04

Master Bunny

1715389481 | from Redmi Note 4

Nice app. I will download.
2019-07-14 06:43:37

Master Bunny

I'm Azman | from Mi MIX 2S

too bad it conflicted with gesture navigation system :( , anyhow thanks for sharing this
2019-07-14 06:58:11

Advanced Bunny

Amethi | from MI 8

I'm Azman
too bad it conflicted with gesture navigation system :( , anyhow thanks for sharing this

That's quite expected. It's mentioned in thread also, if you are using gestures navigation system, change the position of handle trigger.
2019-07-14 07:02:30

Grand Master Bunny

Seragios | from Redmi 5

thanks for sharing
2019-07-14 07:20:28

Master Bunny

nov@z | from Redmi Note 4

Thanks for the info
2019-07-14 07:29:41

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

Great thanks for sharing