In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A2/Lite

[Other] help needed water damage to screen

2019-07-08 07:42:11
169 4
Hi there, was wondering if you could help me.. I got very drunk one night and dropped my beloved  mi a2 down the toilet... Now a quarter of the screen is non responsive, still turns on fine can't enter the password to unlock device. I have tried a usb c to usb and plugged a mouse in but nothing.. I would just purchase another one but I have Google authenticator on that phone which I can't transfer, That is also my cryptocurrency exchange login so is very important to me not to reset the phone. Hope someone can help
Many thanks
Richard
2019-07-08 07:42:11
Favorites RateRate
OOOOOF!Thats bad.
1.Try putting the phone in a plastic bag full of rice and squeeze the air out the bag(no air should be there) and leave it there for 2 days.
2.Hairdrying the phone,continuously with low heat.
3. Disassembly and remove the water and leave the screen on fresh air.
4.Shake the phone inside a towel.
5.Get a new screen and digitizer if thats the problem.

CAUTION!!
Do these steps with phone turned off.
2019-07-08 18:09:01

Rookie Bunny

6217988383 Author | from mobile

Jeton.Cesaj
OOOOOF!Thats bad.
1.Try putting the phone in a plastic bag full of rice and squeeze the air out the bag(no air should be there) and leave it there for 2 days.
2.Hairdrying the phone,continuously with low heat.

Haha I know right  

I did the rice thing the day after it happened but think I was too late (was so drunk at the time I didn't even care)

Think the damage is already done.. you think a new screen and digitizer would work or could it have done more damage that im yet to find out?
Cheers much appreciated!!
2019-07-09 11:10:13
6217988383 replied at 2019-07-09 18:10:13
Haha I know right  

I did the rice thing the day after it happened but think I was too late (was so drunk at the time I didn't even care)

Im not sure.It could be the flex cable having problems.What could be the issue:
1:The flex cable.Open the phone and remove the metal plate then remove the flex cable connecting the screen,clean it up with alcohol(the connecting end) dry it up and securely snap it to place.Turn on phone and check.
2.The backlight panel (screen)
3.Digitizer

Open the phone and remove all the water.Put the phone metal frame and the screen in different bags of rice for 24 hours.To remove the water.
If all the steps didnt work you need to replace the whole display.
2019-07-09 17:20:14
Hi,

Sorry, the uncooked white rice is a myth.

https://smartphones.gadgethacks. ... aged-phone-0154799/
2019-07-09 18:57:54
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>