In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A2/Lite

[Discussion] USB debugging bug, Xiaomi can't fix it for four months

2019-06-29 02:59:50
554 3
USB debugging mode doesn't turn off completely after disabling it in developer's menu. Some games with anti-cheat are detecting USB debugging (for example Fate/Grand Order), however it is turned off! I know at least 3 people with Mi A2 Lite who ran into this problem too.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 3/32
Some people with POCO F1 have the same problem.

How to replicate the bug:
1) Install 10.0.3.0 or older firmware. Install a game with anti-cheat system which can detect USB debugging.
2) Update to 10.0.4.0 or newer firmware
3) Enable and disable usb debugging in developer's menu
4) Open the game and it's anti-cheat system will throw an error about USB debugging

Sometimes after update usb debugging could be activated by itself, so if you disable it nothing will change.

Solution: hard reset or downgrade to 10.0.3.0
If hard reset, don't touch usb debugging again.
I've sent over 3 reports to Xiaomi but nobody wants to help me. The first report was sent in May, but now is almost July.
Sorry for my English btw.
2019-06-29 02:59:50
Favorites2 RateRate
I already know this bug.All users have it they just dont notice it.
2019-07-08 18:22:47

Rookie Bunny

6222354277 | from mobile

I have a Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android 9. Is there any other solution besides factory reset or downgrading? Is Xiaomi working to fix this bug on the next update?
2019-07-19 10:56:18

Rookie Bunny

AvianTerra Author | from Mi A2 Lite

I have a Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android 9. Is there any other solution besides factory reset or downgrading? Is Xiaomi working to fix this bug on the next update?

No, only downgrading. I think they even don't know about this problem. I sent over 10 bug reports, no answer. Then I sent an email to their support. After long conversation (in which support team gave me a plenty of stupid solution that don't work) they assured me that they will take a note about the problem.
Sorry for my English btw.
2019-08-19 08:44:36