In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Q&A] SHOULD I UPDATE MY PHONE??

2019-06-28 01:19:53
1204 27
Darienfong replied at 2019-06-28 08:57:59
whats the miui version u have on ur poco now?

I have version V10.3.4.0.PEJMIXM Stable ROM.
Not the slitest problems.
2019-06-28 05:05:19

Advanced Bunny

Jusoko | from app

I have anti rollback set to 1 on my pocophone after update so I can't rollback anymore
2019-06-28 05:23:59

Rookie Bunny

Darienfong Author | from app

Jusoko
I have anti rollback set to 1 on my pocophone after update so I can't rollback anymore

Then what was ur opinion after updating?
2019-06-28 05:25:37
BikerZonderBike replied at 2019-06-28 11:05:19
I have version V10.3.4.0.PEJMIXM Stable ROM.
Not the slitest problems.

I get now the newest Stable ROM... V10.3.5.0.PEJMIXM... The Phone is now updating...
2019-06-28 05:27:27

Rookie Bunny

BikerZonderBike
I get now the newest Stable ROM... V10.3.5.0.PEJMIXM... The Phone is now updating...

alright let me ur opinion after ur update please
2019-06-28 05:38:59
Darienfong replied at 2019-06-28 11:38:59
alright let me ur opinion after ur update please

Not any problem. The update was in 8 minutes done. I've checked a few things out, but for me it works fine.
In a day or 3 I can check the battery status, etc. Screen on time,
2019-06-28 05:48:04
Updating the device is always recommended. It brings in new features and security for the device. But at the same time, you have total control on whether or not you want to upgrade. But personally, I would suggest you to go for it for the loads of features that have added to the device since the launch. From what I can see, you are still on the version that came with the device, so it should be worth of an upgrade.

That being said, I would suggest you to MAKE A BACKUP and do a factory reset after you've updated to Pie. That should help with the infamous battery drain issues and others. It is always recommended to do a factory reset after every major Android upgrade for optimum performance and stability.

Also, there is no issue with Anti Roll Back (ARB) protection with Pocophone F1 as mentioned in comment #12. Since there is no ARB value or '0', you can downgrade without bricking your device. But to downgrade however, you'll have to unlock your bootloader and use Mi Flash Tool. Other than that, this device doesn't have issues with ARB. If you find the updates not up to your expectations after a week of usage, you can downgrade if you wish to do so. But my question is, why would you?

Cheers! :-)
2019-06-28 06:33:26

Pro Bunny

superkevin18 | from MI 8

i recommend you to update, for newest features and security!
2019-06-28 06:42:45

Rookie Bunny

happybuddhist
Updating the device is always recommended. It brings in new features and security for the device. But at the same time, you have total control on whether or not you want to upgrade. But personally, I would suggest you to go for it for the loads of features that have added to the device since the launch. From what I can see, you are still on the version that came with the device, so it should be worth of an upgrade.

That being said, I would suggest you to MAKE A BACKUP and do a factory reset after you've updated to Pie. That should help with the infamous battery drain issues and others. It is always recommended to do a factory reset after every major Android upgrade for optimum performance and stability.

by making factory reset means, delete all the files in my phone ?
2019-06-28 07:09:22
Darienfong replied at 2019-06-28 16:39:22
by making factory reset means, delete all the files in my phone ?

Yes. It is not mandatory, but it is a good practice while making a major upgrade (Oreo to Pie) - helps prevent any incompatibilities or other issues. Also, most battery related issues are due to the redundancies by the files left by old ROM after an update. So a factory reset helps take care of this. But that being said, Pie is not so battery friendly as Oreo, but you shouldn't be having any issues that would drastically change your usage.

Cheers! :-)
2019-06-28 07:15:31