In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite

Master Bunny

jhs39 | from app

From my own experience Xiaomi provides updates far more regularly than Huawei, Samsung, Motorola, LG or ZTE. MI 9 owners who are on an old security update should check the ROM downloads section on Xiaomi's website and verify that they are actually running the latest build for their ROM. The MI 9 has been receiving regular updates on both Global Stable and the EEA ROMs.
2019-06-27 18:34:31
jhs39
From my own experience Xiaomi provides updates far more regularly than Huawei, Samsung, Motorola, LG or ZTE. MI 9 owners who are on an old security update should check the ROM downloads section on Xiaomi's website and verify that they are actually running the latest build for their ROM. The MI 9 has been receiving regular updates on both Global Stable and the EEA ROMs.

Like many users here stated, we wanted updates because we facing bugs. And our problems are not heard or handled. So we are screaming for updates which hopefully can resolve the problems we face. We don't need updates if there isn't any problem.
2019-06-27 20:42:02
Let's wait 1st of July. The second day everyone sells their own Mi9 =)

I only hope that they are wokring hard. I sure hope you know what you're doing Xiaomi Team!
2019-06-28 01:36:10

Advanced Bunny

merjasec | from MI 9

jhs39

I disagree regarding Huawei. My wife is getting regular updates all the time on her more than 1 year old P20. Also, Samsung and Huawei don't have issues with bugs in their softwares, that's the main difference.
2019-06-28 01:42:24

Advanced Bunny

Ibraaa98 | from MI 8

jhs39

That's completely wrong... I own the Mi 8 since September, at this time have received 2 updates per month. Since it's one every two months. My Huawei P10 received Android Pie two weeks ago with the May security patch. When my Mi 8 is at the one in April. Xiaomi does not provide monthly security updates once a new model is released. Bugs are becoming more common. On this side I prefer EMUI which is fluid and bug free. I hope xiaomi will think in the future to focus on updates to their 'high end' and the rest. Because for the moment it disappoints me to see so much abandonment
2019-06-28 05:12:01

Beta Team-Global

Ryan_b936 | from MI 9

Chung Shan Yong
I don't get you at all. Stable beta? If it were beta, how can it be stable?

I mean closed stable, that's more understandable. These update already exists but just a very few users get them randomly (it's written secret update in updater). With closed Stable, it will be easier to fix bugs for stable update and easier to release updates
2019-06-28 13:58:32

Master Bunny

Nuno Rocha | from MI 9

This is why I switched to the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

same. ally devices have Xiaomi.eu
2019-06-28 14:56:34

Advanced Bunny

MaxBarakis | from MI 9

Mi 9 as a flagship phone should have everything updated with global and eeu ROMs as soon as possible.
2019-06-29 07:53:38

Rookie Bunny

1614478597 | from MI 9

I am on security update from March 2019.Pretty sad for a Flagship device. The Asus Zenphone 6 has had 5 or 6 updates already. Wouldn't be a problem if the system wasn't full of bugs.
2019-07-01 09:19:00

Advanced Bunny

Dody Wijaya | from MI 9 Transparent Edition

before that i use beta rom, than xiaomi annouce will close the beta global rom than i change it to global stable for my mi 9 transparent edition now the NFC not work!!
2019-07-01 09:44:08