In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Q&A] About Unlocking

2019-06-26 03:28:52
455 10
Is it true that the policy changed that way, that older devices bought last year are able to almost instantly unlocking after binding?
2019-06-26 03:28:52
Favorites RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

Gonime | from Redmi Note 5

The timer reduces to one week, but no instant unlock as far as I am concerned
2019-06-26 08:30:17
GOT GUD
It depends on the activeness of account, not of the phone.

Older active accounts will unlock instantly (Active means synced with Mi cloud always).
2019-06-26 10:43:46

Pro Bunny

Note5FanAndre Author | from Redmi Note 5

Muz_paray
It depends on the activeness of account, not of the phone.

Older active accounts will unlock instantly (Active means synced with Mi cloud always).

Okay I'm synced to Mi Cloud since I use my device, so over 7 months.
2019-06-26 10:54:30

Pro Bunny

Seems to be true, I checked in Fastboot with MiUnlock Tool 12 hours ago and it showed me 95 hours left before unlock, so 4 days.
2019-06-27 05:17:50

Advanced Bunny

5190918869 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

My redmi note 5 pro got unlocked instantly! and it was first time i unlocked a bootloader , I did all the stuff and then after 1 day i tried to unlock bootloader using the tool, and boom instant unlock..
2019-06-27 05:34:58

Advanced Bunny

Edo2020 | from Redmi Note 7

Mine says I need wait 27 hours.
2019-07-07 22:56:55
This time delay is a 'sledgehammer to crack a nut' solution. I want to unlock the bootloader to try different ROMs and to install certain programs that require root (as I have on previous Xiaomi phones) and I’m not going to set up and use it until I can unlock the BL (as that will wipe everything).

After waiting the initial week (168 hours)| to unlock I tried again to be told that I “haven’t used the phone enough” and now I have to wait another two days. Tried after a further two days again and guess what, have to wait another two days again... !It seems that I could be going around in circles for some time until Xiaomi decide whether or not I’ve used my phone enough!.

I understand the apparent reason why they started locking the BL but there must be a more suitable system in place to verify genuine customers. So far I have not been able to use the phone the way I want due to this arbitrary time delay with unlocking the BL.
2019-07-08 13:52:42
.... and still it continues.

Told that I “haven’t used the phone enough” and to wait another two days on a further TWO occasions. This is just silly now. As I previously predicted I am indeed going around in circles while #Xiaomi decide whether or not I’ve used my phone enough! #Shocking customer service
2019-07-13 07:10:18

Pro Bunny

.... and still it continues.

Told that I “haven’t used the phone enough” and to wait another two days on a further TWO occasions. This is just silly now. As I previously predicted I am indeed going around in circles while #Xiaomi decide whether or not I’ve used my phone enough! #Shocking customer service

The Key is to just have your phone up and running through the waiting time, it can be in standby too, it just have to be booted up in the system.
2019-07-18 13:44:46
Note5FanAndre replied at 2019-07-18 18:44:46
The Key is to just have your phone up and running through the waiting time, it can be in standby too, it just have to be booted up in the system.

Well I've just come back from holidays and left it on all that time. Tried again and, lo and behold, up pops Xiaomi's favourite message " you haven’t used the phone enough”.

Thanks for trying to help though, which is more than Xiaomi's customer service do. They are biblically poor.
2019-07-27 13:13:46