In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Feedbacks

Rookie Bunny

Skizofrenik | from MI 9

no words for xiaomi , no words for support team , you all should show them with fingers anyway they do not understand even they speaking eng..
2019-06-22 14:11:02

Master Bunny

Rochygl | from Redmi Note 3

Hi,

Return the phone to seller, there has been many similar cases with OTA updates for different Xiaomi models, between others the more frequent cause is the regional restriction to flash firmware to devices with different hardware to the firmware type, i.e. if flashing EU firmware to Chinese device, then the result is a bricked phone.
2019-06-22 14:25:01

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

Rochygl replied at 2019-06-22 21:25:01
Hi,

Return the phone to seller, there has been many similar cases with OTA updates for different Xiaomi models, between others the more frequent cause is the regional restriction to flash firmware to devices with different hardware to the firmware type, i.e. if flashing EU firmware to Chinese device, then the result is a bricked phone.

this is not the case here. this was not the first ota installed! imho the ota is/was broken. the bootloader they sent did not match grus eea.
2019-06-22 14:32:52
laviniuc
used wifi to download, i did not interrupt the download in any way, decrypt step went OK, pressed restart now and that was the last thing before it became a very expensive paperweight. (2-3 seconds of loading circle animation)
no worries im not looking for people to curse at, im stacking those up for the shop where i bought it from and wherr im gonna return it to.

if you use decrypt step means it is not ota update ota update means on the air update... you purposely downloaded the miui 3.10.1.0 update which was pfbmixm that the other admin here posted... you are justccovering up your stupid mistake man! just be honest!
2019-06-22 15:04:17
REMEMBER IT WONT GO DECRYPT IF IT IS NOT DOWNLOADED! DUH! DONT ME SIR DONT ME!
2019-06-22 15:04:53
snsrkr
Dear user
as device is bricked and bootloader is locked kindly visit your nearest mi service center and get your device checked there, they will assist you
Thank you

pretty sure he wont do that because i know he did something stupid there and downloaded the wrong package!
2019-06-22 15:06:33
snsrkr
Dear user
as device is bricked and bootloader is locked kindly visit your nearest mi service center and get your device checked there, they will assist you
Thank you

need to forward to devs ASAP.

it's getting due to SYSTEM update, OTA one.
2019-06-22 15:08:06
      Love Your Enemies, for They Tell Your Faults

Please use reply button to notify
this what happens when xiaomi doesn't explain the roms are different from each other... they should have just made a single rom not two rom which sre eu global and international global roms... XIAOMI IS THE ONE WHO SCREWS THIS UP!
2019-06-22 15:09:51

Pro Bunny

Note5FanAndre | from Redmi Note 5

I never got a brick through any OTA, how can this happen?
2019-06-22 15:11:42

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

when is the last time you did an ota? it downloads, decrypts - even if fast - and then asks to restart. or that's what it did yesterday. i didnt decrypt it manually it just had a loading bar saying, decrypting. right after the download and right before it displayed the restart now.

you know you've just insulted another some 20 people who like me applied an ota and ended up with bricks right? what do you think this is mass hysteria? all of us deciding yesterdya and today to download the wrong rom?

if that's what you think then good for you.
2019-06-22 15:16:21