In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Feedbacks

snsrkr replied at 2019-06-22 16:41:00
Dear user
try to hold down power on and volume up and volume down button together and when your device vibrates try to turn it off by holding power button
Thank you

Dont work for me too, when i hold this combination after 10 sec its  starts restarting  even faster. Normaly loop takes about 15 sec, now 2sec lol. Also dont have any vibrations
Edit: Okay, it works, but I had to unplug the phone from the charger because it made it turn on right away after force shutdown :)
2019-06-22 11:38:43

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

6210569135 replied at 2019-06-22 18:38:43
Dont work for me too, when i hold this combination after 10 sec its  starts restarting  even faster. Normaly loop takes about 15 sec, now 2sec lol. Also dont have any vibrations
Edit: Okay, it works, but I had to unplug the phone from the charger because it made it turn on right away after force shutdown :)

nee, mine still doesnt wanna shut down. tried every button combo i can think of and plugged/unplugged, only power - takes me to fastboot mode, everything else is just reset after reset unless plugged. where it stays on.

i officially give up, i'll send it back to seller, let them figure it out... i for one can't be bothered any more.
2019-06-22 12:19:14

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

FIXED IT (at least temporarely)

- boot into fastboot mode. press volume down and power until you see the mi bunny.
- install and run minimal adb and fastboot on a pc
- plug phone to pc
- run "fastboot devices" you should see a line with device id & fastboot
- run "fastboot continue"

wait for it

tadam you will be back into the old miui 10.2.9.

first thing you should do is dev options, mi unlock and bind phone & account. (that way you can then unlock)
2019-06-22 12:55:40

Rookie Bunny

Ah_Bon | from mobile

N367B
Quel vendeur ?

Amazon Prime YesWeTel2
2019-06-22 13:05:14
laviniuc a posté en 2019-06-22 18:55:40

- boot into fastboot mode. press volume down and power until you see the mi bunny.

IT WORKS !!!
2019-06-22 13:06:49
laviniuc replied at 2019-06-22 19:55:40

God bless you, man!
2019-06-22 13:24:50

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

i just wanna point out something about xiaomi here... i have almost 0 experience with android and roms, i simply read the help on fastboot and figured nothing i do can break it worse...

what i want to know, is WHY nobody from the mighty xiaomi dev team did not bother to suggest this... especially since all of us where saying nothing was flashed so there is (was) every chance that the system is intact just the bad bootloader they sent via OTA doesn't give a flying ** and doesnt let us start it.
2019-06-22 13:37:12

Master Bunny

Rochygl | from Redmi Note 3

Ryan_b936
Hello dear user. As you didn't bind your account, I think that there's only two solution. First is to go to official repair store. The second is to do test point method but it voids warranty...

Hi,
Sorry, edl mode doesn't help because to flash requires special account authorization.
2019-06-22 13:37:25
laviniuc replied at 2019-06-22 18:55:40

I love you!!!
Can you be a little more precise with the steps to take? In particular, what are the "fastboot device" and "fastboot continue"?
2019-06-22 13:45:59

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

fsatboot devices does nothing, just lists devices in fastboot mode (basically it confirms that you plugged in the phone properly and that you see that mi bunny)

fastboot continue is "  continue                                 Continue with autoboot."

again does nothing, just continues the boot. but since you're already in fastboot mode, at least one of the checks that cause that system destroyed is skipped.

and so the phone starts the system which is the old miui 10.2.9 which wasn't "really" updated.

what i suspect happened is that the bootloader in the ota doesn't run the old 10.2.9 and so it was flashed on the ota, but it couldnt start the recovery to run the actual update.

dont ask me how i thought to try it, i just did, and it worked. i was going through the help on the fastboot command...

2019-06-22 13:51:26