In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite

laviniuc replied at 2019-06-22 10:18:41
for the guys who have bricked it, did any of you have the phone on English? for the main language?

so far there's 2 reports of update worked and both have the phone in English so ... maybe like mine the problem occurs if the lang is set to something else prior?

I don't think that's the language was the issue. Many updates worked with Russian language. Nad many phones were bricked with Russian language
2019-06-22 04:23:10

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

1ferrari replied at 2019-06-22 10:43:48
Hello. can i help you? send me photo +79261376918, whats app, viber, telegramm, skype

i think you dont understand who this affects and the fix we would need...

this ota has bricked STOCK and OFFICIAL devices! can you give us an ota while the device is bricked? can you provide a simple and official 3-step way to revert or fix the phones?

if it takes any user over 4hours or if they need to learn how to flash with custom tools or if it needs to open up the phone and require additional cables or permissions i think this is just not what we want to see...

i appreciate you trying to help but this is xiaomi's problem! wanna help? contact their hr and get hired and make sure they dont EVER do this again.
2019-06-22 04:27:28

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

6210281918 replied at 2019-06-22 11:23:10
I don't think that's the language was the issue. Many updates worked with Russian language. Nad many phones were bricked with Russian language

mkay so not lang then... i had just seen the 2 reports for update ok and both EN so.... thought... maybe?
2019-06-22 04:29:16
I have the same problem. I'm going to go to Xiaomi shop to ask for a repair.

I think the only way for people like me that has the phone with bootloder and developer options locked is to open the phone, make a short circuit on the pins, and then open the bootloader, install a new rom and so on.

But I don't feel I'm able to do so.

Has anybody found another way to unbrick the phone?

Last time I update the phone for sure
2019-06-22 05:59:29

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

you should say last time you update a xiaomi phone! ota updates are perfectly normal and should be installed!

should teach xiaomi what stable means...

why is there no official response to this dissaster even 24h later???
2019-06-22 06:02:47
Right! A Xiaomi one
2019-06-22 06:13:36
One more with the same issue after the update in global version.
It's a shame.
2019-06-22 06:31:29
Same problem since the update yesterday... Really Xiaomi? Releasing an update that completely destroys phones?
What are we supposed to do? Flash won't work, unlocking won't work because the account isn't binded in the developer options (they can't possibly expect people to have done this, right?)
2019-06-22 06:46:49

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

6192800111 replied at 2019-06-22 13:46:49
Same problem since the update yesterday... Really Xiaomi? Releasing an update that completely destroys phones?
What are we supposed to do? Flash won't work, unlocking won't work because the account isn't binded in the developer options (they can't possibly expect people to have done this, right?)

no, in fact they discourage unlocking. can "make your data vulnerable"

they only suggest to unlock if you are on the beta branch which can have bugs.

stable is stable. NOT!

maybe they're trying a summer cleanup before they release a new phone, but i dont think anyone who got **ed would even consider another xiaomi device...

guess i should have read the fine print... "phone will work for 1-2 months then we'll break it for you at no extra charge and you'll lose your data - dont worry we have a backup - spend a couple of weeks with it in service... maybe we'll fix it for you, maybe we wont, havent decided yet, but welcome to the mi community!!! where we do whatever we please after you've bought one of our phones!!!"
2019-06-22 06:54:01
Some solution? I have the same problem.
2019-06-22 06:55:36