In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Feedbacks

Hi I would like to buy the phone but Android Auto auto not working would be a huge dealbreaker for me. I read on xda and other forums that a few possible fixes are available, so if you're already in possession of the phone you could try them out. First of all I've read that changing DPI value could make Android Auto work (Mi 8 had similar issues and this was the fix). this is the procedure, but I don't know the exact value that could make it work (440? 480?) so it's up to you to try. Another fix which is more of a workaround and it's also quite time consuming would be to install the Asian version of the software which has Android Auto reported working, but I don't know the procedure neither it's drawbacks. Hope I could help.
2019-07-01 06:11:02
m4mmt replied at 2019-07-01 12:11:02
Hi I would like to buy the phone but Android Auto auto not working would be a huge dealbreaker for me. I read on xda and other forums that a few possible fixes are available, so if you're already in possession of the phone you could try them out. First of all I've read that changing DPI value could make Android Auto work (Mi 8 had similar issues and this was the fix). this is the procedure, but I don't know the exact value that could make it work (440? 480?) so it's up to you to try. Another fix which is more of a workaround and it's also quite time consuming would be to install the Asian version of the software which has Android Auto reported working, but I don't know the procedure neither it's drawbacks. Hope I could help.

I tried the option "simulate external screen" in 480, in developer mode, but is not working. I love de phone, but it's riduculous.
I will try the ultimate fix:
Another phone !!! . Bye from Spain guys!!!!
2019-07-01 10:58:43

Advanced Bunny

mara- Author | from Mi 9T

Guys, use also feedback in settings, we need to get attention of develops. Also, anyone who has this phone, post here regarding this problem, the more of us post it, the higher probability they will fix it.
2019-07-01 16:16:26

Rookie Bunny

vale_x79 | from app

Android Auto not working for me too, no car is being associated, tried almost every setting combination. my car is a Suzuki Vitara, my old Samsung S6 worked flawlessly. Hope this bug will be fixed soon!
2019-07-02 04:44:23

Advanced Bunny

Just tested with MIUI 10.3.8.0. No change, still not working!
2019-07-02 17:27:22

Rookie Bunny

6207327656 | from app

Also, does not work with MIUI 10.3.9 beta.
2019-07-03 05:59:22

Advanced Bunny

Maybe you can get more attention if you are on beta team?
2019-07-03 06:07:53

Rookie Bunny

Chosk | from app

Hello, nothing happens in my Mazda6, I connect the mi9t,  but Is not working.
With my old mi3, works fine. We need a solution...
2019-07-03 17:12:56
My Mi9t is also not working with android auto in my kia rio GT 2019. Old phone, (Oneplus 3) works flawlessy, app works fine when started separetly, but wont communicate at all with the car when plugged in. The Mi 9T just charges. really dissapointing to buy a new phone with such limited functionality, might return it, but I really like the phone, so please fix this @MIUI DevTeam!
2019-07-07 05:13:11

Rookie Bunny

mavo | from Mi 9T

Same for me with MIUI 10.3.7 and a new Suzuki  Swift...Sometimes I get on the Mi9T the "failure 16" Screen , but usually it just Starts the AA on the Phone without mirror to the Car...
2019-07-07 11:36:31