In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Discussion] MIUI 10 Whats Next-Respected Mods Please Read This

2019-06-17 12:25:32
200 1
Hello There,
I have been using MIUI since MIUI 7 and from my experience/knowledge I know that once a new MIUI version is released it gets a series of updates before another MIUI version is released i.e for example 9.0 then 9.2 then 9.3 then 9.5 then 9.6 then we got MIUI 10.

So after getting MIUI 10.3.5.0(latest stable update)
I tweeted to Alvin Tse Head Of POCOPHONE
And he said that no new features will be added and we will get new features only in MIUI 11 "which is not that far "
But as we all know that we got MIUI 10.0.....10.2.....10.3
So what about 10.5.....10.6.....10.9 ?????
MIUI is not that much close also that new features cannot be added in MIUI 10.
So what about a new stable with latest features that are currently in beta and most importantly "Dark Mode"and "Camera 2 API Level 3"
Thanks
Waiting For Reply.

2019-06-17 12:25:32
Favorites RateRate

happybuddhist | from app

Hi there!

The updates don't necessarily have to go step-by-step through 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, and so on to MIUI 11. Atleast not considering one device. We had the first MIUI 10 with 10.0.4.0 on Oreo, followed by 10.0.6.0 which was then succeeded by 10.1.3.0 with Pie. Also, we got MIUI 10 straight from 9.6.25.0, not 9.9 or anything else. So eventhough it's incremental, it doesn't have to go with every decimal in terms of update.

Now that being said, MIUI 11 shouldn't be so far away. For now, we don't have an ETA for its release, but I'm guessing sometime around late Q3 2019. Like Alvin said on Twitter, addition of new features to MIUI 10 may be halted temporarily so that the devs can concentrate on working on core MIUI 11. It may not be that we will not get any new features in upcoming udpates at all, but the top priority is on stability rather than new features. Also, another thing is that there won't be any Beta releases to the public from July 1, so we'll have to rely on Stable releases only. As for the exact feature developments, nobody can say what's next since even the Beta, which is considered as a testing ground for new features, is now (almost) gone. But at this point, we can only rely on what Alvin says. Atleast for POCO, we have an official who actually communicates over social media to the users - it is not that way for other Xiaomi/Redmi devices in general.

So let's just wait for the next stable release, and give them our suggestions and bug reports, if any, via the Feedback app. Since they are focusing on stability rather than new features, the frequency of updates will be once every 60 days or so, as per all Stable releases go. At this point, we'll have to wait and see how the development goes from here, given that Beta is also stopped. I'm sure by next month, we'll get some more information on MIUI 11.

Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.
Cheers! :-)
2019-06-17 17:41:04