Greetings Dear Mi Fans,
Being a smartphone user, you might have lots of apps installed on your phone, of which some may deal with the highly sensitive data such as bank accounts, money transfer or personal info etc. So, it's most important that your phone is secure or encrypted & all your apps aren't easily available to use, even after the phone is unlocked.
App Lock in MIUI provide you an added security to protect your apps from unauthorized access! Let's see, how could you enable & use this additional security in MIUI 10:
1. Go to Settings & scroll down to locate App Lock or you can go with the another way to open App Lock!
2. Open Security app & scroll down to locate App Lock.
3. Tapping on App Lock, will ask you to set a pattern, by default, to be used for app lock. Remember, your pattern must connect atleast 4 dots. After you've entered your Pattern for lock, you need to draw it again to confirm & click on Next to finalize.
4. If you don't like Pattern Lock, then you can use either a PIN or a Password. Afterall, MIUI gives you a freedom of choice always!
5. It'll ask you to add your Mi Account, in order to be able to reset your App Lock Password in case you forget it!
6. It'll prompt, 'whether you wanna use your Fingerprint to unlock the App Lock?'. If you already have saved fingerprints, then you can click on enable, else you've to add fingerprints first, by tappting Settings.
7. Then, it'll redirect you to the screen with the list of all your installed apps, where you can choose which apps to lock.
8. Now, click on the Settings icon at the Top Right corner & scroll down to find Hidden Apps option,
9. A small tutorial will wecome you & then redirect you to the apps list. Tap the button at the right side of the apps, you want to hide & that's all.
10. You might be thinking, "How to check the hidden apps?" as you haven't seen the tutorial carefully! Pinch out two fingers on homescreen, put in your App Lock password & you'll see your hidden apps.
Hope, you're quite relaxed now. I'll be back soon, till then enjoy MIUIng!
Special thanks to @Elaine2046 & MIUI Tools Subforum Management Team!
Previous threads in the series:
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .