In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

Pro Bunny

Marcos1809 Author | from Redmi Note 5

Ajmo
did you tried to copy every internal xiaomi file into sd card? if you wanna screen shots for example to be automaticly saved on sd card you should copy file from internal and named screenshot2 for example

I think you're not getting the issue, but I don't know how to explain it to you better :-) Try it in the SECOND space yourself, try creating a new file/directory in the SD card or copying a file from the internal storage, you'll see you can't. In the first space you can always use the tricks I mentioned above as a workaround, but things like local backups can't go anymore to the SD card whatever your settings are (try that, too).
2019-07-14 09:07:03

Rookie Bunny

Ajmo | from app

Marcos1809
I think you're not getting the issue, but I don't know how to explain it to you better :-) Try it in the SECOND space yourself, try creating a new file/directory in the SD card or copying a file from the internal storage, you'll see you can't. In the first space you can always use the tricks I mentioned above as a workaround, but things like local backups can't go anymore to the SD card whatever your settings are (try that, too).

2019-07-16 19:27:12

Rookie Bunny

Ajmo | from app

2019-07-16 19:29:44

Rookie Bunny

Ajmo | from app

as you see i copied all download files from internal space (unutarnja dijeljiva kartica - cro language -srry abt that) into sd card (sd kartica)
2019-07-16 19:31:46

Semi Pro Bunny

ASCIIker | from Redmi Note 5

Ajmo
as you see i copied all download files from internal space (unutarnja dijeljiva kartica - cro language -srry abt that) into sd card (sd kartica)

dude, please read about miui "second space" feature to understand the actual problem. you are showing screenshots copying files between internal storage and sd card, but you are doing these actions in the "first space". read about "second space", enable it, then try the same copying operations in the "second space".
2019-07-16 19:37:33

Rookie Bunny

Ajmo | from app

Marcos1809

and now i have 3 same songs(2 copies) in my mi music app albums which all works fine, i checked becouse i had before all this album on sd card first from asus smartphone than copied to internal card of pocophone and now for you make another file, copied mi download file into sd card. it works fine. you must be patience with copy process or maybe it is in sd card type. i dont know. i am genious laik and use laik methods to solve problems. sorry if i didnt give you proper answer to your problem. but you must know that nothing can work from file menager app. it works trough proper app for this file, even some is from another smartphone. mi pocophone file menager let me copy from sd card to mi internal card even asus original photo editor apps without problem works in mi gallwry editoring. cheers. if i still doesnt get your problem please try to tell me what is your goal from copied files?
2019-07-16 19:42:46

Rookie Bunny

Ajmo | from app

Ajmo
and now i have 3 same songs(2 copies) in my mi music app albums which all works fine, i checked becouse i had before all this album on sd card first from asus smartphone than copied to internal card of pocophone and now for you make another file, copied mi download file into sd card. it works fine. you must be patience with copy process or maybe it is in sd card type. i dont know. i am genious laik and use laik methods to solve problems. sorry if i didnt give you proper answer to your problem. but you must know that nothing can work from file menager app. it works trough proper app for this file, even some is from another smartphone. mi pocophone file menager let me copy from sd card to mi internal card even asus original photo editor apps without problem works in mi gallwry editoring. cheers. if i still doesnt get your problem please try to tell me what is your goal from copied files?

2019-07-16 19:44:20

Pro Bunny

Marcos1809 Author | from Redmi Note 5

Ajmo

Thank you for your input and your attempt to help Ajmo, but nobody is really speaking about app problems. We're speaking about low level problems with the Storage permission affecting the normal operation of apps (API issue?), problems with exFAT file systems (API or kernel issue?) and Storage permissions not being propagated to the second space (User permissions issue?).
2019-07-17 05:28:07

Rookie Bunny

Ajmo | from app

ok i understund a lil bit now. my bad.
must say that i still use sd card for every lil thing in poco to read or memorised pics or media or what else and i dont have a problem. second space or clone poco or clone poco files is for me to complicated to even think the mi enginers or programers will make to us option to use sd card from using clone or how you call second space. it is to much to ask even from samsung or iphone producer if they even had second space option to use in theys new smartphones. again my bad for so much simple thinking. i thought sec space and clone phone using is ok if is just in raw options to use. maybe is realy to complicated for producer and better have minus in that use of sd card from second space and have some pluses in original space and original using.. thats my thoughts .  sorry again for mistake
2019-07-17 11:58:51

Advanced Bunny

1835319026 | from Redmi Note 5

I also believe that there is a permission problem.  With the pie-bug you are exactly right.
2019-07-19 23:57:17