In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

Advanced Bunny

Ha421 | from Redmi Note 5

I have just erased the USB from phone, no format option existed.

Perhaps you mean to format it via PC right?

yes I formatted it using pc
2019-07-08 01:27:54

Advanced Bunny

Ha421 | from Redmi Note 5

here is a link :https://m.wikihow.com/Format-FAT32

2019-07-08 01:33:08

Pro Bunny

Marcos1809 Author | from Redmi Note 5

Ha421
u are definifinitively right lol,but exfat is a msft  proprieatary format , and xiaomi might have to deal with this lol

I would prefer to use one of the ext free file systems :-) I'll look into compatibility, after all I use Linux as my main system and these cards never go near any Windows PC or any other device.
2019-07-08 05:03:49

Rookie Bunny

1706001860 | from mobile

I face similar issue,  it's created 32 folders by the name camera in SD card and saves only one pic in some random manner, can't use the camera now!  Can anyone help me please?
2019-07-11 17:28:04

Device team

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

Marcos1809
Second space issue, the SD card is invisible when following the actions (which involve using the standard Android file manager).

That suddenly happened today in First space .
   I have a system UI app error to format SD card ..
  On checking Settings - Storage , I have to Mount - Format .
I formatted in PC (default)exFat  and it's now detected again in File manager .
   My SD cards empty so will test file transfers and functionality at weekend .

2019-07-12 02:52:26

Pro Bunny

Sarge7

What I observed is if you turn off the MIUI optimisation in the Developer Options suddenly all the storage permissions of most of your apps are disabled. This creates unpredictable behaviour. Since I had to do checks anyway, I systematically went through all apps, including system ones, I enabled the storage permission and I verified in both spaces if these issues were resolved. I didn't have success.
2019-07-12 03:50:28

Pro Bunny

Sarge7

I also observed the following: the Files app is the default Android file manager controlling the SD card behaviour. It has no storage permissions, unlike other file managers I use. There was another file manager app that was disabled. I enabled it, with no effect (it was never used). Again, I carried out all these actions in both spaces.
2019-07-12 04:01:59

Rookie Bunny

Ajmo | from app

dont tap on pic of sd card in file menager. tap on the name below ...
internal card
sd card
.... than you will see or find what you searchin
2019-07-13 11:13:16

Pro Bunny

Ajmo
dont tap on pic of sd card in file menager. tap on the name below ...
internal card
sd card

Thanks for replying. Maybe showing you more screenshots you can see it better. In the second space, no matter which file manager you use, you won't be able to work with the SD card. The require to use the internal file manager (Files app, or DocumentUI), and this one has no storage permissions itself (even in the first space), as you can verify in your own phone.
2019-07-13 15:01:36

Rookie Bunny

Ajmo | from app

Marcos1809
Thanks for replying. Maybe showing you more screenshots you can see it better. In the second space, no matter which file manager you use, you won't be able to work with the SD card. The require to use the internal file manager (Files app, or DocumentUI), and this one has no storage permissions itself (even in the first space), as you can verify in your own phone.

did you tried to copy every internal xiaomi file into sd card? if you wanna screen shots for example to be automaticly saved on sd card you should copy file from internal and named screenshot2 for example
2019-07-14 08:28:21