In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

Pro Bunny

Marcos1809 Author | from Redmi Note 5

coelhoAJc
Of course it should.
I did not upgrade to Pie yet just because Oero runs smoothly and i like to use files larger than 4GB in my SD.
I was waiting for feedback and it seems i did the right thing, PIE does not Support exFAT.

No, I didn't try and I won't because it's an ancient format by now and I'm not willing to format a perfectly healthy storage and run into other issues ;-) Stay with Oreo until the next update when they'll probably fix the bug (I'm definitely reporting it). From what I read it might just be a missing module in the kernel.
2019-06-11 17:14:52

Pro Bunny

Second space issue, the SD card is invisible when following the actions (which involve using the standard Android file manager).
2019-06-11 17:17:14
man! this is awful. I've been having major issues with audios from whatsapp, and notifications from whatsapp and emails, problems with led lights and didn't test camera yet. Some friends recommend me to go to Beta...someone did try?
2019-06-11 23:44:34

Pro Bunny

Taraletti
man! this is awful. I've been having major issues with audios from whatsapp, and notifications from whatsapp and emails, problems with led lights and didn't test camera yet. Some friends recommend me to go to Beta...someone did try?

The beta program is ending, so don't try.
I noticed that many of my apps' settings and permissions changed. The notifications I miss are probably related to the adaptive battery that I activated. For example, the Play Store doesn't notify me about available updates, however I have no problems with the email client, which I set up to never have battery restrictions. Such issues are to be expected with a major OS upgrade. However, the SD card issue is the big deal here, it's what slows down the phone. It's not a problem for those not actively using it, though. Otherwise, I see the upgrade as positive.
2019-06-12 08:21:12

Pro Bunny

Workaround for the Camera slowness: in the SD card you have your /DCIM/Camera directory (folder). Rename that Camera folder to something else (for example, Camera_old). The next time you start Camera a new folder will be created and the app will be as snappy as before, switching between photo and video modes without a hassle. I took more photos than what I had before and Camera still went fast, even after stopping it, so the number of files per directory can be discarded as a problem. It's not a solution, though: when deleting those photos and videos it was still quite slow. I'm trying other ideas based on some system apps' permissions and reading dev documentation.
2019-06-12 16:28:47

Pro Bunny

Apparently using FAT32 won't resolve the issue: Storage problem  http://c.mi.com/thread-2228686-1-0.html
2019-06-13 17:11:55

Pro Bunny

I haven't checked this topic in a while, but today I noticed that it's getting weirder: local backups as after the Pie upgrade aren't being saved in the SD card. They're being saved in the internal storage, making them pointless in case you need to restore your phones data. This is upsetting me now, resiliency issues are something I can't tolerate :-/ I couldn't find any setting to force the destination.
2019-06-17 18:09:46

Pro Bunny

Note5FanAndre | from Redmi Note 5

Marcos1809
No, I didn't try and I won't because it's an ancient format by now and I'm not willing to format a perfectly healthy storage and run into other issues ;-) Stay with Oreo until the next update when they'll probably fix the bug (I'm definitely reporting it). From what I read it might just be a missing module in the kernel.

I use my Samsung 128GB with Fat32 since I have Pie on my phone, there is not a Single issue and I'm not in the need of big 4GB files anyway, so idc if it's exfat or fat32.
2019-06-17 22:12:37

Pro Bunny

Note5FanAndre
I use my Samsung 128GB with Fat32 since I have Pie on my phone, there is not a Single issue and I'm not in the need of big 4GB files anyway, so idc if it's exfat or fat32.

Good for you :-) However, the problem is real and it happens to more phones, as you can see in the forums. Other people using FAT32 file systems found the issue as well, as I showed before. When half of the apps detect cards and others don't, there's a problem with the driver managing the storage or with the API presented to applications. Android is Linux after all.
2019-06-18 05:26:09

Semi Pro Bunny

cooina | from Redmi Note 5

i have that problem too, on China rom, is there any solution?
Edt:solution that is suggested by marcos1809 is working,renaming camera folder,also formatting sd card with phone storage can help
2019-06-19 14:47:03