In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Smart Home

[Discussion] mi control hub - UK version limited at launch

2019-06-09 04:53:20
601 5
I'm just putting this out there. Does anyone know if the reduced functionality of the UK version of the hub is by design or a fault.

I can understand the desire not to canabilise your UK market by making all the ecosystem devices available at launch but there is a serious marketing and communication problem if you launch a product with ZigBee functionality and when the customer attempts to add a ZigBee device they get error messages like the one attached.
2019-06-09 04:53:20
Favorites RateRate

Süper moderatör

TheDuke | from app

have you set up your device correctly?
within the MI Home app can you make sure you are connected to the correct server?
if the MI home and your device aren't connected to the same server there is a possibility that they won't recognise each other.
so check within each setting that all your devices are connected to the same server and you have connected the mi home hub to the internet.
2019-06-09 06:37:52

Advanced Bunny

Rob Martin Author | from app

yeah, I've done all that. i don't think that is the issue. inside the Xiaomi App it lists a number of devices in.my locale. But the Mi Control Hub only lists 3 sub devices to add which lead s me to believe that devices are being withheld at the firmware level.
2019-06-09 06:57:21

Süper moderatör

TheDuke | from app

Rob Martin
yeah, I've done all that. i don't think that is the issue. inside the Xiaomi App it lists a number of devices in.my locale. But the Mi Control Hub only lists 3 sub devices to add which lead s me to believe that devices are being withheld at the firmware level.

yes. devices are server specific. you will find if you're using a Chinese mi home hub the device list is full. But support is market specific, so you won't find the devices appearing in the server list until a particular device in released in that country officially.
personally I don't have a problem using the Chinese server. I have a Chinese home hub and have for some time, the device list in endless and you aren't capped to what devices you can add.
I know it might not be ideal to those who aren't tech savvy, but to those with a little knowledge and a YouTube account, anything is possible.
I initially set up my Chinese home hub by following a YouTube guide. once set up I'm free to add any device I like rather than wait for a device to become available in that specific market.
2019-06-09 14:22:33

Advanced Bunny

Rob Martin Author | from app

yes I agree, i had hoped to migrate all.me devices off the Chinese server to integrate better with Google Home. I'm sure that ecosystem devices will arrive as the market matures. I suppose I had a little hope that that process would be quicker forgetting of course that we are the fans and the early adopters and the general public need to be introduced to the brand first. I'm going to change the title of my original post as on reflection it does read a bit clickbaity.
2019-06-09 14:46:13

Advanced Bunny

sisqoboy | from app

I am. using the dual apps for having xiaomi home for chinese products and the other xiaomi home for the UK products. of course they cannot see eachother. so,  where is that guide to lead be to the beauty?
2019-06-12 02:45:18