Greetings Dear Mi Fans,
Nowadays, the use of Voice Assistant & Smartphone Dependenncy has increased a lot, which made us to keep connected all the time, even while eating, driving etc. But, for Voice Recognition & Dictation smartphone needs to be connected to internet and sometimes we're out of the network coverage area or exhausted the high speed data pack. So, it's always better to have offline voice data to use for voice commands & get the audible response from phone!
To download offline voice data, follow the steps:
1. Go to SettingsAdditional Settings & select Accessibility option that will open Accessibility Settings for you.
Screenshot_2019-04-23-08-15-58-307_com.android.settings.png (29.47 KB, Downloads: 5)
2019-06-14 02:12:33 Upload
Screenshot_2019-04-23-08-42-49-392_com.android.settings.png (20.72 KB, Downloads: 4)
2019-06-14 02:12:56 Upload
2. In the Accessibilty Menu, scroll to find Text-To-Speech Output which will open up a new screen with options to configure Text-To-Speech output.
Screenshot_2019-04-23-08-42-56-590_com.android.settings.png (26.63 KB, Downloads: 4)
2019-06-14 02:13:02 Upload
3. Now, tap on the Settings Button besides the Google's Text-To-Speech Engine that opens Google TTS Options.
Screenshot_2019-04-23-08-43-00-531_com.android.settings.png (20.37 KB, Downloads: 4)
2019-06-14 02:13:10 Upload
4. From Google TTS Options, select Install Voice Data and from the Google TTS Voice Data list, select your Native/ preferred language to use. For me, it's English (India).
Screenshot_2019-04-23-08-43-05-350_com.android.settings.png (13.63 KB, Downloads: 4)
2019-06-14 02:13:18 Upload
Screenshot_2019-04-23-08-44-26-752_com.google.android_1.jpg (38.72 KB, Downloads: 4)
2019-06-14 02:39:27 Upload
5. On the next screen, click on the Download button at right hand side which will begin to download & install Voice Data Set for offline use.
6. If you have an annoying Female For English (United Kingdom) notification always appearing in the notification bar & wanna get rid of it. Then, from the Google TTS Voice Data list, click on English (United Kingdom) & in the next screen opened, tap the Cross button at the right hand side of the Voice Data Set.
That's all for now. Hope, now onwards, you'll enjoy uninterrupted voice communication with your phone, even when there is no network coverage or active data pack! See you soon with some more interesting tutorial next week. Till then enjoy MIUIng!
Special Thanks to @Elaine2046 & MIUI Tools Subforum Management Team!
Previous threads in the series: