In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Discussion] Pocofone is slow

2019-05-25 08:57:50
635 7
I have been using pocofone for months now. It has been snappy for most of the time. Recently I wanted to try the geekbench app and i was astonished at what I saw. Pocofone has Snapdragon 845 one of the fastest chips but when I ran the geekbench, the results were disappointing. Its slower than Snapdragon 835 and slightly faster than 820. I don't know what is happening. I tried this in multiple Phones and it seems to be the case. Does your phone is also showing low scores?
2019-05-25 08:57:50
Favorites1 RateRate
Do you find the device slow in real world use? Or are you worried about Geekbench scores?

Yes, I know that a lot of users take these scores as the benchmark for performance, but in fact it would be running just fine. There are a lot of factors that affect benchmark scores - apps installed, background apps (this deals with apps that are running even after clearing recent apps), temperature of CPU/GPU, ambient temperature and more.

If you want the best results during benchmarks, then you should do it the way manufacturers do - clean flash the software with no apps installed, run the benchmark app in a controlled and air conditioned environment and so on. Also, back to back testing on Geekbench or AnTuTu (or any benchmarking software) will only lower the scores as the CPU would have generated a lot of heat and is a negative factor for better performance.

That being said, I come to my first question : Do you find the device slow in real world use? If then, then post more details about your device, viz., ROM version, apps in use (some rogue app might be eating way CPU/GPU resources without your knowledge), etc. Also, just to let you know, benchmark scores doesn't really matter much in real life use. It's a good way to compare devices by YouTube tech reviewers, but as far as a normal user is concerned, they are just numbers. OEMs boast about this so that they can sell their products more - and users get mesmerized with the figures they post with each new SoC (System on Chip).

Cheers! :-)
2019-05-25 09:13:22

Rookie Bunny

Pescador_Niii | from app

Something is wrong on your phone. Try reset to factory defaults. Here's Mine.
2019-05-25 10:06:59

Advanced Bunny

khreve | from MI 3W

update is slow. owner been complaining about many issues since January 2019 but yet Xiaomi still haven't fixed it.... the simplest is notification icons and remove notch function, so all icon are visible...
2019-05-25 11:34:00

Rookie Bunny

1570493543 Author | from mobile

Pescador_Niii
Something is wrong on your phone. Try reset to factory defaults. Here's Mine.

There may be something wrong with my phone, but I have run the test in many two other phones and they too are having the same score as mine.
2019-05-25 11:39:19

Rookie Bunny

1570493543 Author | from mobile

happybuddhist
Do you find the device slow in real world use? Or are you worried about Geekbench scores?

Yes, I know that a lot of users take these scores as the benchmark for performance, but in fact it would be running just fine. There are a lot of factors that affect benchmark scores - apps installed, background apps (this deals with apps that are running even after clearing recent apps), temperature of CPU/GPU, ambient temperature and more.

That is correct.. but I ran the same test on two other phones lenovo zuk z2 and one plus 5
These are the results. They were tested with many apps installed on their device.

These results were the first run scores.
2019-05-25 11:44:27
1570493543 replied at 2019-05-25 21:14:27
That is correct.. but I ran the same test on two other phones lenovo zuk z2 and one plus 5
These are the results. They were tested with many apps installed on their device.

Like I said, there's also many factors in the test you've conducted. The first one is the chipset itself. I believe Z2 is powered by SD820, right? Also OP5 is SD835. So, comparing results aren't the best option here. Also, secondly, the apps in the device. I'm pretty sure these devices would have performed better after a factory reset as there's nothing to take up the resources. Then there is the heat, both CPU/GPU and the ambient temperature. If you are anywhere in the northern hemisphere, it should be summer in your place - that's more ambient temperature.

There's lot of things to consider too. But like I said, if you feel that the device is not performing up to it's expected level, then MAKE A BACKUP and do a factory reset. That should fix any of the software issues.

Cheers! :-)
2019-05-25 12:06:51
Mine is working fine and fast only in real life scenario. But, a/c to benchmark score you can see this. Dnt know what is happening. But, no issues with the phone.
2019-05-25 13:02:11
AKASH
Photography Team