In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5

[Other] WiFi not reconnecting

2019-05-23 19:29:12
115 3
Hi,

Both my wife, on a Mi Mix 2, and myself on a Note 5 have an irritating issue since updating to Miui 10.3.1:
When the WiFi loses internet access, the phones won't connect to the WiFi automatically, even when internet access returns - it uses mobile data until you manually reconnect!

I don't like that - it's expensive!
2019-05-23 19:29:12
Favorites RateRate

Intern Moderator

carlojay19@gmail.com | from Redmi Note 7

Maybe the issue was on your router, it reject some devices when this router has no internet connection and having hard time to reconnect, please try to reboot/restart the wifi router.
2019-05-24 04:46:52

Pro Bunny

1849787648 | from Redmi Note 5

same here rn5 but pwede naman onnoff mo nlng wifi button mo mka reconnect nmn agad
2019-05-25 05:47:15

Rookie Bunny

Vaibhav Mullick | from mobile

Same issue with me also.... Using RN5 pro... I have recently changed router also, but it keeps happening on the new one also. Same issue with my office WiFi. RN5 pro won't automatically reconnect, unless I connect it manually. It shows no access to internet even though internet works fine on other devices. When I manually connect, WiFi starts working
2019-06-12 14:48:50