Greetings Dear Mi Fans,
Nowadays, Xiaomi is focusing on device security too much & it has implemented lots of security measures like Locked Bootloader, Anti-Rollback Protection etc. But, these enhanced security measures has bricked the lots of devices, as the most of the Mi Fans love to migrate from Global to China ROM as well as Stable to Beta ROMs & vice-versa. I know, It's not the fault of Xiaomi, but users must have to be very cautious while playing with the ROMs & flashing their Mi Phones to downgrade to older MIUI ROM!
Also, most of the users are unaware of whether their Mi Account is authorized to flash Mi phone or not, which has made them to end-up in bricking their phone while playing with the ROMs! As long as, you don't have an authorised Mi Account to flash your Mi Phone, you can't recover it back on your own by using XiaoMi Flash Tool. So, I suggest you to make sure that you've authorised Mi Account, before playing around with ROMs or downgrading to the older MIUI ROM!
Here is how, you can check whether you've Mi Account authorised to flash your Mi phone using XiaoMi Flash Tool & to apply for a bind to get authorisation:
1. Open the folder on PC/Laptop where you've installed XiaoMi Flash Tool (Miflash v2018.5.28.0 or Latest), preferably C:\Xiaomi\XiaoMiFlash\ & open the mi Folder there.
2. In Mi folder, locate the account_auth.exe an application to open the new dialogue box.
3. Right click the account_auth.exe & then click on Run as Administrator in the right-click menu.
4. Windows UAC might ask you for permission to run the app, click on Yes.
5. The new window will be opened which might be displayed with Chinese titles & contents. On the title bar, click on the English underlined text at the right side near settings button.
7. In the next appeared dialogue box, click on the text highlighted in the image below. The application window will close & you've to reopen it again as Administrator like earlier.
8. Again open the account_auth.exe as an administrator. Now, the window will be opened with English title & contents. You can proceed by logging in with your Mi Account ID, binded email or your registered mobile number & password.
9. As soon as the login to your Mi Account is successful, application starts to verify whether your Mi Account is authorised to flash or not!
10. If your Mi Account is authorized then it will ask for your authorization pass, which you might have received via. email on your registered email address or SMS on your registered mobile number. Else, it will recall that your Mi Account is not athourized to flash the phone.
11. For the 1st time, when you see that your Mi Account is not authorised, click on Apply Bind option at bottom right corner. It'll take some time/days to obtain Mi Account Authorization, depending upon the waiting period, as per Xiaomi policy.
12. After getting authorization the you'll see the screen displaying "This Computer Is Bound To Your Account, You Can Start Now".
So, this is all for now. Be safe & sure to check the Mi Account Authorization before flashing your Mi Phones! I'll be back soon, till then enjoy MIUIng!