In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Y/S Series

[Q&A] My phone don't recognize my fingerprint sensor anymore

2019-05-18 19:05:48
326 20
Changing the app I was using, I clicked on screen pinning accidentally. I was using the infinite screen and tried to unpin the screen of too much ways, but I couldn't. So I rebooted my phone to get it back. But, when he started, the system don't recognized the fingerprint sensor anymore. Simply I didn't had the unlock for fingerprint option anymore. I tried to wipe (almost) everything, but didn't work. I tried to install other rom, and tried to install a gsi, but all that roms and gsis simply don't recognize that phone has an fingerprint sensor. I think that the problem was with the screen pinning and that created an bug on system. What I do?
I installed an app that test the fingerprint sensor, but he showed an error that said "this app only works on phones with fingerprint sensor.
I was using MIUI V10.2.2.0 stable when it happened :(
2019-05-18 19:05:48
Favorites RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

MadDog 15 | from Redmi S2

so when you tap your finger on sensor it tells you try again or just nothing happens?
2019-05-18 20:48:06

Advanced Bunny

richardqcarvalho Author | from Redmi S2

MadDog 15
so when you tap your finger on sensor it tells you try again or just nothing happens?

The fingerprint unlock option simply disappared. It's like I'm with a cell phone without a sensor.
2019-05-18 20:53:07

Semi Pro Bunny

richardqcarvalho
The fingerprint unlock option simply disappared. It's like I'm with a cell phone without a sensor.

so you are saying when you tap your finger it doesn't doing anything and does not show movement on screen. that is really big problem
2019-05-18 21:29:59

Pro Bunny

SandStorm_RS | from Redmi Note 5

Hmmm, since that option completely disappeared, I say it's hardware fault.
Since you already tested other roms from what I understand, can only be that... Hardware fault
2019-05-18 21:47:12

Advanced Bunny

ZeusBayZ | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

i say peel your fingers skin and it will develop again in few months with better fingerprints
2019-05-19 00:31:03

Advanced Bunny

MadDog 15
so you are saying when you tap your finger it doesn't doing anything and does not show movement on ...

I think when I rebooted on the screen pinning, something bugged the sensor. When the phone booted, I had no longer the option to unlock by fingerprint in the settings...
2019-05-19 00:48:35

Advanced Bunny

SandStorm_RS
Hmmm, since that option completely disappeared, I say it's hardware fault.
Since you already tested  ...

It might be.  But, it was very coincidental that this happened exactly when I had this bug with the screen pinning
2019-05-19 00:51:03

Advanced Bunny

ZeusBayZ
i say peel your fingers skin and it will develop again in few months with better fingerprints

Is not a problem with my fingers...
2019-05-19 00:51:39

Semi Pro Bunny

richardqcarvalho
I think when I rebooted on the screen pinning, something bugged the sensor. When the phone booted, ...

oh now I get it. your device system now thinks that redmi S2 do not have that feature . it is big hardware problem but it could be fixed. Go to settings-installed apps. And search fingerprint. Result will be two files. if you did not found that files then it is really gone.
2019-05-19 11:24:40

Advanced Bunny

MadDog 15
oh now I get it. your device system now thinks that redmi S2 do not have that feature . it is big  ...

It's a wild of hope?
2019-05-19 17:34:42