In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 6 Pro

[Tips & Tricks] REDMI NOTE 6 PRO

2019-05-13 20:39:39
271 19
Hi all, could you please help me out ?

I've bought a REDMI NOTE 6 PRO UK official launch two months ago and I've been really happy with it since.

But I'm currently on holiday in France and at my great despair, I found out that I'm unable to connect to the 4G.

As far as I understood, this phone has the B1, B7, B3 and B20 for 4G connection.
And it seems to be the same 4G frequency in France (2100/1800Mhz and 2600 Mhz and 800Mhz)

I've turned the roaming on and my plan allows the roaming abroad. And I've manually tried to search for the mobile networks but nothing worked.

I don't know what to do anymore :0

Many thanks for your help !!
Aline :)

Hallelujah, I've done the last update and I have now access to the 4G. All sorted. Thanks to all for your answers
2019-05-13 20:39:39
Favorites RateRate

badboyofrock | from app

What network are you on? Its most likely that your carrier doesn't have an agreement with French carriers to use the 4G network.
2019-05-14 04:47:32

Rookie Bunny

Aline_in_stereo Author | from app

badboyofrock
What network are you on? Its most likely that your carrier doesn't have an agreement with French car ...

thanks. I'm on Virgin Mobile and according to the network on my phone in France i'm on Orange.
But my previous phone was an iPhone 5 and the network worked fine.
2019-05-14 04:53:49

badboyofrock | from app

Aline_in_stereo
thanks. I'm on Virgin Mobile and according to the network on my phone in France i'm on Orange.
Bu ...

It says orange because that's who Virgin have an agreement with. That's not surprising, as Virgin use the EE network and EE was orange til they merged with T-Mobile. Is roaming deffo turned on and have you tried setting the data preferences to 3G?
2019-05-14 05:15:20

Rookie Bunny

badboyofrock
It says orange because that's who Virgin have an agreement with. That's not surprising, as Virgin  ...

Yes, I've tried to turn on and off, I've tried 4G, 3G 2G none of them worked, I even tried to change the network.
2019-05-14 05:23:18

badboyofrock | from app

Aline_in_stereo
Yes, I've tried to turn on and off, I've tried 4G, 3G 2G none of them worked, I even tried to chan ...

And you've definitely told your network you were going to France? Not sure if you need to but some networks like to know.
2019-05-14 05:47:37
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #6

Süper moderatör

TheDuke | from app

roaming Bar might set on. so try disabling it within the app.
you can find details by following this link https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Going-and-calling-abroad/Using-your-device-abroad/.  

there is also a LIVE CHAT Option so vodaphone will be able to guide you through
2019-05-14 06:09:47

Rookie Bunny

badboyofrock
And you've definitely told your network you were going to France? Not sure if you need to but some ...

I've not told my network I would go to France  as its always been working before :/
2019-05-14 08:39:49

Rookie Bunny

TheDuke
roaming Bar might set on. so try disabling it within the app.
you can find details by following thi ...

Thanks for your reply. but I'm not with the network Vodafone so I cannot follow the link you've sent to do it through the app/account
2019-05-14 08:46:30

badboyofrock | from app

Aline_in_stereo
I've not told my network I would go to France  as its always been working before :/

Have you done this?
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-before-you-go
2019-05-14 09:04:20