UPDATE : Review updated with new bug found and slight content changes. Please confirm if you have the same issue!|
193748fvmp16mm8cls6m54.jpg (296.4 KB, Downloads: 0)
2019-05-10 08:47:30 Upload
Welcome back! Present to you my weekly beta ROMs review for Mi 8. Please confirm if you have these bugs or bugs that I didn't mention here. The official changelog may differ from this review. Plus, let's hope that one day I can become one of MIUI Global Beta Tester team :D
1. New lock screen clock format!
Now you can change three different clock format for your lock screen. Only applicable for default theme.
Access this settings at : Settings - Lock screen & password - Advanced settings - Lock screen clock format
2. Revamped notification shade icons, font and layout.
3. New months view for Gallery app!
You can sort gallery media contents according to months view for easier navigation through your moments.
How to? : Pinch fingers at Gallery app
4. Option to show notification details after verifying face data!
You can set your lock screen to show notification details only after your face has been verified!
How to? : Go to Settings - Lock screen & password - Manage face data - Enter your password - Show notification details after verifying face data
5. Full notification icons and layout will be shown when notch is being hidden.
6. Full notification icons and layout will be shown when in landscape mode.
7. Revamped home screen settings layout. Added label for icons and blur effect on background wallpaper.
8. New watermark removal tool!
Now you can remove stock camera watermark for picture that was shot with AI mode and device watermark option activated.
How to? : Go to Gallery - Edit your photo - Click 'Remove watermark' button
1. Full-screen animation glitch when returning to home screen FIXED.
NEW BUGS FOUND
1. [NEED CONFIRMATION] UI glitch on some notifications at the notification shade. Occur randomly.
photo6248838654885734525.jpg (67.29 KB, Downloads: 0)
2019-05-11 00:32:40 Upload
photo6248838654885734524.jpg (76.38 KB, Downloads: 0)
2019-05-11 00:32:40 Upload
BUGS REMAINS :
1. Some UI elements didn't appear correctly when using quick reply on notification shade (Occur on Dark mode only)
2. Swipe up to homescreen didn't show Picture in Picture (PIP) window. Explanation and bug report : http://en.miui.com/thread-3944033-1-1.html
Finally they fixed the full-screen animation glitch! This issue has been there in MIUI for quite a long time and I am really glad they fixed this. Plus, notification icons on hidden notch mode and landscape mode is a nice addition! However, I still hope they add the notification icons beside clock for notch mode, like how they did with Poco F1. Overall, they did a good job with plenty of new changes!
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .