In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9

[Discussion] Flagship phone Mi9 not hit the masses

2019-05-09 11:35:07
487 8
Why has the Mi9 not been promoted enough by Xiaomi. Hardly anyone has heard of Mi9 phone. I've bought it and it's simply an incredible phone.

Buses, billboards, trains, newspapers and all major phone stores have heavily promoted the Huawei, however hardly any of the phone stores have heard of the Mi9.

Is Xiaomi doing enough to promote a "Flagship phone" with high specs and affordable price?
2019-05-09 11:35:07
Favorites1 RateRate

Pro Bunny

YuTech | from app

That's a very good point. I heard more about the redmi 7 to be fair.
2019-05-09 13:26:28

Advanced Bunny

BJW33 | from app

Totally agree. I have it and it is an amazing phone. You would think that they would want everyone to be aware of it's availablity.
2019-05-09 14:34:35

Super Moderator

Torlyn | from app

Because the business model is completely different. They focus on pushing to customers via word of mouth, saving the heavy costs of advertising to get more value for the phones themselves.
2019-05-09 15:35:45

Pro Bunny

tomachas | from app

Torlyn
Because the business model is completely different. They focus on pushing to customers via word of m ...

Reminded me 1+ tactics. Via community channels.
2019-05-09 16:11:39
tomachas
Reminded me 1+ tactics. Via community channels.

One plus isn't a startup BTW, they're a sub brand for oppo, china's biggest phone company
2019-05-12 21:35:29

Advanced Bunny

Misenberg | from app

Thats our(Xiaomi customers) job to advertise. They bring us great deal and savings for the handset in exchange for unique advertising strategy we consumers are expected to do so in the most natural and free way possible. Great business model tbh. The handset(smart phone) making US do the work. :D It will make YOU spread the word around naturally in your own language and user experience through your own environment and culture. ;)) Smartphones tends to make people lazy but Xiaomi keeps you busy!:)) Great post, great advertising :)
2019-05-13 06:57:55
Its just the strategic plan of xiaomi.
But, on Q1 this year the xiaomi top management has spoken.
They will not selling cheap phone anymore in upcoming future.

Well, maybe next year we'll starting to see xiaomi flagship on buses, billboards, trains, newspapers, etc. :)
2019-05-14 03:05:47
I was also surprised that so few people know about Xiaomi's incredibly good value phones.  But there is a market resistance to new Chinese brands, so low prices and restrained advertising seem a really good way to achieve market penetration without creating an adverse reaction.
2019-05-29 18:16:33