Redmi Note 4

[Discussion] How Redmi Note 4 can wipe off the remaining albeit little competition in the market?

2017-05-11 01:15:10
552 9
We all know Redmi Note 4 has flooded the market like no other smartphone ever before. With high end specs available at affordable prices it has become the go-to phone for teens and adults alike.

Most of my family and friends are the proud owners of redmi phones, myself being the only oddity in this Xiaomian family.

However despite all the excitement and anticipation of owning a Redmi Note4, i still believe there a few chinks in the armor of the hottest phone in the market.
After extensively analysing Redmi Note 4 against similarly stacked phones, the few areas I realized Xiaomi could do much better are
1) Camera
2) Available Ram in the 4GB version
3) Availability of Dark Grey variant
4) NFC support
5) Quick Charging

1) Camera
A 13MP primary camera and 8MP front camera Redmi Note 4 comes out as quite average in its camera performance. With many new smartphone companies introducing selfie phones with much better camera specs, Redmi Note 4 lags far behind in this area.
2) Available
Many pre-intsalled apps ensure the available ram is much less than 4GB. Reducing the number of pre-installed apps consuming precious RAM can go a long way in increasing the desirability of this phone.
3) Dark Grey variant
12th May is going to be my 6th attempt at a flash sale. Always have found the dark grey variant to be out of stock. Black and Gold seem to be the only two available. The grey variant is undoubtedly the best of the lot with the most premium look. Would really be a big help if more of it would be available.
4) NFC support
NFC is going to be a major component in the future of smart phones. Bluetooth has already become an obsolete tech. With the advent of NFC, the way we tranfer data is going to completely change. Would love to see this in the rumoured Redmi Note 5.
5) Quick Charging
With excellent battery configuration, this is one aspect which the Redmi Note 4 misses out on. Exasperatingly slow charging is making more and more people turn to quick charging phones. Would be a key addition in the future versions of the Redmi.

I do realize I am asking for too much for roughly the same price. But thats the only way I know the new entrants in the market are going to be challenged.
As for the rest Xiaomi has done a fantabulous job till now!

Cheers
Kunal

2017-05-11 01:15:10
Favorites2 RateRate
i strongly recommend the availability of grey colour. better to have the flash sale after producing sufficient quantities of phones.
2017-05-11 01:31:15
Nice information and the details
2017-05-11 01:37:28

MIUI Translator team

prem794 | from Redmi Note 3

mi rocks..
2017-05-11 05:37:12
I hope Xiaomi take our suggestions and consolidate this inputs in the upcoming devices...
2017-05-11 05:42:45
Thanks For The Review
2017-05-11 13:02:19
Saajan
agree with all the above mentioned points
  hope the company will understand it soon
2017-05-11 14:13:26
Any update about price drop aftr new redmi device launch on Tuesday
2017-05-13 15:19:44
Luckyinsaan replied at 2017-05-14 01:49 AM
Any update about price drop aftr new redmi device launch on Tuesday

Excellent device... only thing is that not able to get my hands on this beautiful device ever since its launch...
2017-05-15 01:47:38
Those who wanna buy RN4 can check out the thread: " Out of Stock! Still could not buy Redmi Note 4. Tips & Tricks to buy your favorite RN4"
2017-05-21 23:10:09

Mi Comm APP

Stay updated on Mi Products and MIUI

Copyright
Content Policty
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list