In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Flashing Guide

[Guide] How to Flash any ROM from Custom Recovery

2019-04-30 14:42:18
3445 42

Hello MIUIer's,
What's up? I hope you are well by the grace of Allah. Alhamdulillah, I'm also fine.

I've been thinking for a long time to post a thread about Recovery flashing. So want to post a thread about, "How to flash MIUI or others rom via recovery mode".

So, before flashing you should know about the risk of recovery flashing.

Warning: This thread is only for A partition. I haven't any experience for A and B partition. Before downloading custom or official rom check rom code name and the device code name is the same or not. Don't flash another device rom. Now many devices have an anti-rollback so be careful. Do anything at your own risk and before flashing backup you all data. After flashing custom recovery your data will be encrypted then you need to wipe your internal storage or data. Also, your device warranty can be void.

Requirements:
● Unlock Bootloader
● Custom Recovery
● Recovery ROM
● Migisk (If you need root)
● GApps (Without MIUI)

● Unlock, Custom Recovery and Download ●

❒ First, unlock your device bootloader. For unlocking follow this tutorial. Must backup your all data before unlocking. Your device warranty can be void. If you are trying to unlock your device first time then you must wait 3-15 days.

❒ Now install custom recovery on your device. If you want to install custom recovery on your Xiaomi device then follow this tutorial. On this tutorial, you can see I'm using TWRP Recovery image. You can use another recovery image.

Q.1) Other custom recovery means?
A.1) PitchBlack, OrangeFox, Redwolf.

Q.2) I want to use a recovery without TWRP. Which recovery is the best?
A.2) I suggest you to use PitchBlack or OrangeFox recovery.

Q.3) Where I can find the latest version of PitchBlack or OrangeFox recovery?
A.3) Download from their Telegram channel or website.

Q.4) Where I can report this recovery bug or other problem?
A.4) On their Telegram discussion group.

Q.5) Can you please give me their Telegram discussion, download channel, and website link?
A.5) Why not?

● PitchBlack Recovery
Channel
Group
Website

● Orange Fox
Channel
Group
Website

Q.6) I downloaded a custom recovery from their channel or site but zip format. Then how I can find image format?
A.6) Just extract the zip then you can find recovery image or a recovery folder then open that folder and you can see recovery image.

Q.7) What can I do with this recovery image.
A.7) Just follow my custom recovery installation thread and use it instead on extracted FastbootTool folder.

Q.7) What can I do after booting my phone on custom recovery?
A.7) Connect your mobile with computer and copy PitchBlack recovery or OrangeFox recovery zip on your device internal storage. That was downloaded from their site and flash it.

Q.8) What can I do if my computer can't access my mobile internal storage?
A.8) Then flash that recovery zip from OTG or SD Card.

❒ Download official or custom rom for your device. Example: MIUI Pro, DotOS, Lineage OS, etc.

Q.1) Can you please tell me some popular custom rom name?
A.1) Sure! But this roms aren't available for all device. Sometimes you can flash unofficial build.

✓ MIUI ROM
✓ XTRV Aroma
✓ Masik ROM
✓ Mi ROOM
✓ MIUI Premium
✓ MIUI Pro
✓ DotOS
✓ Mi Globe
✓ MIUI EU
✓ Arrow OS
✓ Superior OS
✓ AICP
✓ AOSIP
✓ Syberia OS
✓ Havoc OS
✓ Revenge OS
✓ Resurrection Remix OS
✓ Crdroid OS
✓ Viper OS
✓ Bootleggers OS
✓ Candy ROM
✓ POSP OS
✓ Bliss ROM
✓ Lineage OS

❒ Now download Magisk18.1/or more update zip.

❒ The last item is the GApps. If you want to flash official MIUI ROM or MIUI based custom rom, then you don't need GApps. Some custom rom also have pre-installed GApps (Ex: Pixel Experience). "GApps" is an unofficial package distributed in several forms and places containing Google applications and frameworks. You don't have to install GAPPS, but many users may wish to do so in order to access the Google Play store and some applications that depend on Google Play services. Smartphone functions such as calling, SMS messages, internet, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work without GApps.

Q.1) From where I can download GApps?
A.1) You can download GApps from here.

Q.2) Which platform I can choose?
A.2) Most of the device released from 2016 to now are support ARM64. So this is a popular platform. Choose Platform - ARM64.

Q.3) Which android version I can choose?
A.3) Just check which android version is on your downloaded rom. Example: Pie - 9.0.

Q.4) Which variant I can choose?
A.4) You can choose any variant. But opinion is Nano or Pico is the best.

● Flashing Tutorial ●

Note: Follow this tutorial carefully.

❒ Put all the file on your device internal storage (Ex: ROM, Magisk, GApps, etc). If you want to switch MIUI to stock android rom, like Pixel Experience, Lineage OS, Viper OS, etc. Then sometimes you need to wipe your device internal storage. Because after rebooting your device it wants a password. So, for MIUI to Stock rom use Pen Drive or SD Card and backup your all data on PC/G Drive/Mega/SD Card/ Pen Drive.

❒ Now turn off your device power. Then press power and volume up button at the same time. Now you can see your device booted into the recovery mode.

❒ Go to Wipe→Advanced Wipe. Now you can see many options like Dalvik, Cache, Data, System, Vendor, Cust, Internal Storage, USB OTG, MicroSD, etc. Now select all item from here without MicroSD, USB OTG and Internal Storage (optional). Now swipe the pointer to Wipe.

❒ Now press the home button and go to install. You can select MicroSD/USB OTG/Internal Storage from here. For this click on select storage option. Also, you can image file from here for this just enable image mode.

❒ You can flash all files at the same time or one by one. But my opinion is one by one. Because sometimes it is not working. It skipped some file. So first select your device rom and swipe to install. After installing successfully then click on the home button then go to the install. Now install GApps (for stock rom without Pixel Experience). After installing GApps then install Magisk.

❒ After installing everything successfully reboot your device. When your device rebooted successfully then setup your device. Then check everything. If you don't find Magisk manager then download from here and install.

Congratulations!

Recommended App:

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +2 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-30 14:42:18
Favorites12 RateRate
WOOOOOOOOW, i thought these guides are forbidden here, i can't even believe that a moderator post that guide , good job my friend, cheers
2019-04-30 14:54:31

Device team

$huvo | from app

Informative thread for us
2019-04-30 15:40:23

Super moderator

rayhanh | from Redmi Note 4X

an extraordinary thread.
2019-04-30 16:41:56
Rayhan Hasan,
Super Moderator, Mi Community Bangladesh.

Advanced Bunny

inzam | from Redmi Note 7

Nice article! keep it up
2019-04-30 16:52:11

Grand Master Bunny

Amadey76 | from Redmi Note 4

Very interesting article!
2019-04-30 20:01:22

MH Imran | from Redmi Note 4

Wow Another great thread!
2019-04-30 22:27:50

Techie Team

Mahmud Af Nahin | from Redmi Note 5

Awesome thread
2019-04-30 22:29:04
awesome brother! thanks for sharing!
2019-04-30 23:44:39
I ❤️ MI

MI COMMUNITY BANGLADESH
                      RESOURCES TEAM
Great Tips                           
2019-05-01 08:28:02
Refat
Techie Team, MI Community

Mainul Hasan Rohan Author | from Redmi Note 5

Mohammed Abdalfattah
WOOOOOOOOW, i thought these guides are forbidden here, i can't even believe that a moderator post th ...

You can do anything but own risk
2019-05-01 14:03:41
Moderator, Mi Community Bangladesh

I ❤️ Mi