In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[News] Xiaomi Executive Talks About 5G Network

2019-04-30 12:32:03
214 7
Hello Mi Fans,

Yesterday, on April 28, Lu Weibing, the general manager of Redmi brand, was asked about 5G. Before talking about this technology in details, he made an interesting statement, saying ‘Someone told me today that even if there is no 5G network, I want to use 5G smartphones!’ We guess many people will buy 5G-enabled smartphones even if there is no 5G coverage in their region. So it’s quite interesting to know what Lu Weibing thinks about it.

In this sense, it should be noted that only South Korea and America are officially opening 5G commercial networks, and the only 5G smartphone sold in the world is the Samsung S10 5G version. The rest of the world still can enjoy the goodies coming our way from 5G networks.
Moreover, not all regions are ready to provide quality 5G connectivity. Say, the Japanese media has tested the Korean 5G network, and it found that the signal was poor and the network speed was slow. Most of the time it fell on the 4G network and could not be used smoothly.

In this sense, though we understand 5G is the future, it’s more than just the next generation of communication. We know it will be used by IoT more rather than by smartphones or other mobile terminals.

Xiaomi executive Sun Changxun forwarded the shortcomings of the current 5G network. She said: ‘When the signal is not good, the smartphone will directly increase the power of the phone RF amplifier to the full grid (26dB) to find 5G signals. For the current 4G smartphones, even if the amplifier is full, it is 23dB. However, you shouldn’t look at this 3dB signal difference, the power consumption of the phone RF will be more than doubled. The high-frequency characteristics of 5G and the bandwidth from 20Mhz to 100Mhz will greatly reduce the coverage of the base station. A bad signal will be the norm.’

In other words, after switching to a 5G network, both the power consumption of the smartphone and the signal strength are inferior to the 4G network experience. This is indeed a 5G crash and can only be solved by a wide-spread base station.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +10 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-30 12:32:03
Favorites RateRate
Thanks for letting us know the news.
2019-04-30 13:08:16
Best Regards,
Shah Md. Sultan
Super Moderator, Mi Community Bangladesh

Techie Team

Mahmud Af Nahin Author | from Redmi Note 5

Shahed
Thanks for letting us know the news.

Thanks for Reading vai
2019-04-30 14:36:38

Master Bunny

MD SHAHED BEG | from Redmi Note 5A

thanks for news.
2019-04-30 14:50:25
MD SHAHED BEG
MI COMMUNITY BANGLADESH

Super moderator

rayhanh | from Redmi Note 4X

I'm pretty interested about 5G!
2019-04-30 16:44:45
Rayhan Hasan,
Super Moderator, Mi Community Bangladesh.

Grand Master Bunny

Amadey76 | from Redmi Note 4

Thanks for the information!
2019-04-30 19:54:22

Master Bunny

im_tanvir | from Redmi 5

Thanks For sharing
2019-04-30 21:39:39

MH Imran | from Redmi Note 4

Very interesting news
2019-04-30 22:26:25