In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Other] Unlockng Bootloader

2019-04-27 23:34:03
2898 35
One of the best thing about Android is that it's open source and many with low information about Unix can modify the ROM easily, but there is a barrier here, UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER is the first thing that you must do to start the whole developing process.
For doing that you need to use the MiUNLOCK tool, but when you start the process you will annoy with a simple info: WAIT 360h(15 DAYS)!!!!!!!!
When somebody ask and want to unlock the bootloader, that means he/she knows about the risks and yet want to do that!
So, what does that mean? Why Xiaomi force you to wait? why so long?????
What do you think about this???
I Know that Xiaomi don't care about customers opinion (Prooved it many times) But let's get a vote about it!
What do you think about the waiting time of request for unlocking bootloader!?!?!?
Let's INFORM MI that the waiting time is really bad!!!!

Single Poll thread Total 203 Users Voted

14.78% (30)

73.89% (150)

9.85% (20)

1.48% (3)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-04-27 23:34:03
Favorites4 RateRate
Its really ridiculous! i'm agree with you, Xiaomi has been  proofed many times that doesn't care about customers opinion! But in this case i just want to know what's their problem!
Hey, Xiaomi, I know the risks and i want to unlock my phone, the device that i paid for and that's none of your business that i might wreck my phone!
Just reduce the damn time, i prefer to eliminate the waiting period!
2019-04-27 23:40:57

Master Bunny

Xymoxx | from MI MAX 2

Voted! Unlock without waiting time or at least reduce the waiting time.
2019-04-28 04:13:20

Master Bunny

Xymoxx | from MI MAX 2

Its really ridiculous! i'm agree with you, Xiaomi has been  proofed many times that doesn't care abo ...

It's not your risk but xiaomi's risk they are thinking about. People buy their phones today and what happens if they have unlocked bootloader tomorrow? It means they will try all the techniques available to get rid of the ads the next day. That means xiaomi will fall short of revenues. I'm sure there's "more to it" than just that.
2019-04-28 04:19:29

Device team

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

I have no problem with waiting time .
   I think of it as a cooling of period to change one's mind .
   I'm amazed at the amount of daft users who ask " how unlock bootloader " just because they've seen some gcam night mode photo & suddenly think they can unlock ,install custom ,root & mod with zero research .
2019-04-28 05:53:46

Master Bunny

MsharkyM Author |

They earn profit by selling phones! Unlocking bootloader is better for them because they get rid of guarantee!
We Can eliminate Ads and bloatware without rooting!
Having a phone with locked bootloader for developers is just like a chef with a locked fridge!
When somebody tries to unlock bootloader, increasing the waiting time period won't change the idea!
For specifying the pro with noobies, Xiaomi easily can check the past activity or their past request, if they have been done that once, it means they know about the risks as well!
So, Xiaomi reduce the time or even unlock at once!
2019-04-29 04:25:03

Master Bunny

MsharkyM Author |

This Thread got stamp and is under discussion, So please come and Vote and also write a comment!
2019-05-02 04:31:31
Really annoying, remove the time or at least reduce the time to 3 days just like before!
2019-05-02 04:37:19
I know there is an issue in China with unscrupulous merchants installing modded OS and malware on phones but since it's necessary to bind the phone to a valid Xiaomi account in order to request unlock permission the waiting time shouldn't be necessary.  Just creating a mechanism to verify the identity of anyone who is opening or using a Xiaomi account should be enough to prevent fraud.  
2019-05-02 18:22:14

Master Bunny

MsharkyM Author |

jhs39 replied at 2019-05-03 02:52:14
I know there is an issue in China with unscrupulous merchants installing modded OS and malware on ph ...

Agreed! 15 days to get rid  of those OS is too high!
2019-05-03 04:22:09
Unlock without waiting Time!!!
2019-05-03 12:35:25