In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Discussion] It's time to update the stock camera app.

2018-12-15 09:56:59
1344 37
There are numerous post about the camera quality - which really got worse after each update.
We've been waiting for camera2api - nothing. Even in the Chinese beta ROM is not enabled by default.
Redmi Note 6 - has better camera software even though the sensors are the same, and it has that AI feature. But we don't...
Don't get me wrong - it's a budget phone, but you (developers) guys are making the experience worse. Buying this phone we were aware of the fact that we are not getting flagship camera phone, but really there is something going on with softness in images.
The other thing is... there is no proper manual control, my little old P8 lite 2015 has better manual mode and if I use my tripod and set the "shutter speed" to really high I get results far superior than the MIUI's stock camera app.
Really nice sensor, appalling camera software.
Just once do something nice and update the camera app. Or just continue ignoring us.

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +2 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-12-15 09:56:59
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Heptane Author | from app

Any news?
Or you're gonna continue decreasing camera quality...
2019-01-01 16:43:25

Advanced Bunny

H.ALSAFI | from app

Agree with you .... RN5 has good hardware camera but with poor manual control in official camera app .
That's why many users go to unlock bootloader to install GCam .
I ask developers to improve performance of photography and add more options in official camera app .
2019-01-01 18:02:05

Advanced Bunny

Heptane Author | from Redmi Note 5

Months later... Nothing...
Now that's messed up.
2019-05-17 06:48:01
Yeah, this phone is already a year old!!!
We should kiss goodbye to some real turn around about this matter!!!
It is not a big deal, but it's like they ignore the users or there are not a lot of complaints. Maybe they have a target, let's say 1000 people around the world... when this target is reached they do something about it, if not, this people are just ignored... and nothing will happen...
A petition will be good. Someone should start a worldwide petition and send it to the BIG BOSS.
2019-05-17 06:59:38

Advanced Bunny

I'm really fed up with this community and the Xiaomi's Apple like policy regarding older phones.
Mods here often delete comments. I feel like this is the place where you can spam and win prizes.
All we ask is for some quality stock software - basic functions like manual control or some sharpness in photos. I can't take pictures with this phone when I'm out with friends ie. at a restaurant - photos are super soft and they all look smudgy.
And not to mention that purplish tint...
Shame...
2019-05-17 07:10:59

Advanced Bunny

1797439481 | from mobile

Totally agree, in last years Xiaomi always forget old devices and adds new features only for new devices.
2019-05-17 10:50:04

Advanced Bunny

Depends what you mean by "old"
Redmi Note 5 is just a year old.
Redmi Note 6 Pro is ~6 months old
Redmi Note 7 is pretty young
it's not the age, it's just Xiaomi releasing devices like crazy - but that's another topic. We here talk about other things.
Redmi Note 6 Pro has the SAME chipset, it has received stable Pie recently, it HAS AI-mode whereas Note 5 stays on beta Pie and doesn't have AI-mode.
Now I'm not going to cry about AI mode, it's just gimmick. I care about the ability to take normal pictures. As I said - we know that this device is not flagship, it doesn't have OIS or other things BUT the software can make huge difference. We've already seen this with the Gcam - HUGE difference. Sensors are capable, but why stock software isn't?
Why we can't have manual mode? It's because Redmi line? So what? Isn't Redmi now a different brach (brand) like Poco?
Isn't Redmi Note 5 (Pro) camera beast?
What about the new coming Redmi K20 as it's rumoured to be the "New flagship killer".
I'm so disappointed in Xiaomi. Excellent phone with... restrictive software.
2019-05-17 12:22:05

Advanced Bunny

Marcos1809
Which ROM do you have? I keep receiving system updates.

I'm talking about the Camera app. I use stock, latest global stable ROM.
2019-05-17 12:23:54

Advanced Bunny

MadK9 | from Redmi Note 5

How right you are!
You see???
There is no interest in your thread... only a few comments. I can see you are frustrated, that's the way how I also feel but don't know what to do, what is to change in order to make them listen to us and they really change things in good for the users!
2019-05-18 02:42:09