In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Notebook

[Other] Broken Mi Notebook Pro

2018-12-03 18:44:00 Edit Delete
1786 4
Hi,
I'm not sure I'm writting on the correct forum but I have a real issue with my computer.

So basically, I've bought the Mi Notebook Pro 15.6" on a non-gearbest non-aliexpress website called Xiaomi-France.
It was cheaper and the delivery was 7 days instead of 20 on the websites previously said . I get the same guarantee than on Gearbest / Aliexpress : 1 year of garantee.

But a few weeks ago, after the guarantee ends, my pet (a rabbit) bite the notebook charger wire. Obviously, the wire were cut and the computer has just shut down instantly {:4_118:}.  The rabbit is OK but the computer seems dead.

So... I don't know where / how / if it can be fixed. I don't know how to contact Xiaomi, I don't know where the problem is ... I've contacted a repair man but he told me he can't have these type of spare parts...

Can anybody help me on this problem ? Because I'm currently on an old Y50-70 from lenovo, which is a cool laptop but bad battery / screen / performance on softwares. And my Xiaomi miss me {:4_118:}

Thanks in advance !

2018-12-03 18:44:00
Favorites

Up ! Please help me ^^
2018-12-09 18:26:34
When you say computer is dead - have you used a compatible USB-C charger and it's not turning on? I would suggest charging it and pressing power button for an extended period of time. When charging, does an orange light come on? Can you provide any more info on the current state of the laptop?
2018-12-11 19:54:02

Sure I can.

So, the laptop has always been charging with the xiaomi charger included in the package. No other charger has been used.
This charger isn't dead since I tried it with a new wire on my phone and it was charging the phone.

I got a red or orange dot when the laptop dies (I don't remember the color but it was unusual : not "fully charge" or "low battery" or even "battery is charging" light.).

The laptop is ok but he just doesn't even charge or wake up. When the rabbit has cut the wire, the screen shoot down and I never been able to restart it. Even with pressing the power button a long time.
I even tried disconnecting the battery (in the laptop) and plug the charger but the laptop doesn't woke up and it were no light on the side. Reconnecting the battery hasn't change anything either.

The only thing the repair man told me is that it could be the charge connector (but that doesn't really helps me) ^^
2018-12-14 19:43:06
Hello,
It seems i´m facing the same problem.
Were you able to fix it?

On Mine some keys of the keyboard started to fail...
I left it unpluged, and it became out of battery.
the next day after Charging... all to green.
It wont Start.
Does not turn on... I´ve open it, unplug the battery...
Nothing...
Can you help?
2019-10-22 05:32:39