In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note

[Discussion] Which is the primary SIM for Redmi Note 4? Nano-SIM or Micro-SIM?

2017-05-02 09:12:55
12241 1
I have a nano-SIM card specifically for data use and another micro-SIM card for calling only. Both are prepaid cards and I reckon my telcos do not provide services for changing such cards.

On Xiaomi official web site, the specs for Redmi Note 4 read as follows,
4G dual SIM:
3-choose-2 hybrid SIM tray
Nano-SIM + micro-SIM or Micro-SIM + micro SD card
Dual SIM use:
When two SIM cards are used simultaneously, the primary SIM can support 4G+/ 4G / 3G / 2G calls and data while the secondary SIM can support 3G calls oniy.

Can someone clarify which of the dual SIM is the primary SIM? Is it the nano-SIM or micro-SIM?

I know I can DIY and resize the SIM cards, but I would appreciate if someone has the answer so I can make an informed decision. Thanks!

2017-05-02 09:12:55
Favorites RateRate
Dual SIM doesn't matter which is primary SIM. You can set nano or even microSIM as your primary SIM.

I won't suggest you to perform any modification to your SIM, you will somehow will get issue with the slot.

As long as 2 SIM is being used, either slot 1 or 2 will be 3G voice.
2017-05-02 09:48:27