Chandigarh

[Discussion] Bad Experience with Xiaomi Service

2017-04-25 12:16 AM

560 4
I would like to share my bad experience. I purchased Mi5 and after 4 months only i had this display problem..A yellow spot developed on the right side of display near power button. The service center rejected my claim without even diagnosing the fault. It took me almost one month to get them convinced that it is a manufacturing defect.i had to write numerous mails to them. Then i got call from the company and it was repaired under warranty...And only after 3 months of using again same problem has developed. A yellow spot is developed on the right side of display near power button. Exactly same place there it was 3 months back...This time again they have rejected the warranty. My phone is still under warranty but this is the second time they have rejected it. I thought the engineers are sensible enough to diagnose the problem but to my surprise now they clearly say that as Mi company even a single scratch is found on your phone it is termed as out of warranty. Then what is the meaning of warranty. Are they fooling people.Now again i have written mail to Mi customer care not sure when will i get response. Since march i am mailing..It's been almost a month. I have visited Mi service center three times. One has to wait for atleast 2 hours for their turn...Only to know that their phone will not be repaired under warranty...Below is my latest mail written to Mi. Waiting for response. At Mi's mercy.-- On Tue, 18/4/17, Vishal <vishfull@yahoo.com> wrote:> From: Vishal <vishfull@yahoo.com>> Subject: Display Problem Mi5 (Ref no: WXIN1704180000427)> To: service.in@xiaomi.com> Cc: xiaomi_service@mailsy.custhelp.com> Date: Tuesday, 18 April, 2017, 6:18 PM> Dear Sir/Madam,>> Today i have visited your service> center for warranty replacement of display problem of yellow> spot. I had also visited the service center on> 04-April-2017, Token No. 81. Same day they confirmed that it> will be done under warranty but i need to submit the phone> for a day or two. Since i was not having another handset, i> requested them to replace the same in an hour or two so i> could wait and take the phone back. But i was advised to> come in next week as they were having some manpower shortage> in that week. So i visited today in the morning 10:30, my> token no. Was E6.>> The executive opened the service order> for my phone (Ref no: WXIN1704180000427) and asked invoice> copy of the phone since it was to be done under warranty.> But then they came back to me that this is not under> warranty. The engineer told me that even if their is a> single scratch on the phone that will be done out of> warranty only.>> I fail to understand what is the> criterion to reject warranty, as per service center engineer> if there is minor scratches on the phone then the warranty> is rejected. Then what is the meaning of warranty?>> I would like to reiterate that the> engineer at your service center did not open it or diagnosed> the phone to figure out the cause. He did not opened the> phone to check if the damage was due physical or> manufacturing. He told me that the whatsoever may be that> reason of this defect but the company does not cover it even> if there is any kind of scratches. Since I am using this> phone for quite some time now, and the phone condition as> per its age is excellent. I wasn’t aware that Mi mobile> phones are manufactured to keep them as showpieces only.>> Your engineer agreed that this defect> has nothing to do with this but again he is helpless because> company will deny the warranty claim as some of there> warranty claims have been rejected therefore now they are> not accepting any sort of scratches also and declaring it> out of warranty. Without properly diagnosing how can you> reject the warranty, also mere by checking it visual does> not reflect that this problem arises out of physical damage.> One has to be sure before rejecting the warranty, and> moreover the engineer himself agreed that this is problem is> not related to physical handling but he is helpless. The> decision taken by the service center engineers is not a> decision but just a guidelines given by the company, also my> phone was not diagnosed as physical damage.>> I once again request you to please> provide me a resolution to this problem because as far as i> know this problem developed on its own and was very slow and> was unnoticed earlier because it is only visible in white> background and get camouflaged in colors other then white.> You can check history of repair of this phone same problem> was observed in the past also this is a recurring problem> hence it should be repaired under warranty.>> Now you are requested to please provide> an early resolution.>> Regards> Vishal Sharma> 9810376307
2017-04-25 12:16 AM
Reply Report

Pro Bunny

1592659156 | from Redmi 3S

bas kar yaar
2017-04-25 12:33 AM
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

TIPU YASH | from Mi 4i

bas kar yaar

yes its realy happened
2017-04-25 12:05 PM
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Chirag07 | from Redmi Note 3

Mohali service centre mein jao wahan line nahi Hoti number jaldi aa jata hai
2017-04-25 03:36 PM
Reply Report
Chirag07 replied at 2017-04-25 03:36 PM
Mohali service centre mein jao wahan line nahi Hoti number jaldi aa jata hai

https://t.me/MiFCChandigarh if you are from tricity please join the official fanclub :)
2017-05-02 11:43 AM
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright@2010-2016 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list