Mi 5

[Discussion] Why i wont bother to buy or upgrade to mi6/7/8..... and rather just stick with r

2017-04-20 02:20 AM

1,222 10
Man i bought this mi5 last year in September. I read different reviews and i had already used mi4(that of my brother)...so i pretty convinced that this phone would fulfil most of my needs...being a student.
So as i went through reviews and through specs sheet what i assumed that this phone would atleast have same battery life as that of mi4 considering almost same screen size( mi4- 5 inches,mi5- 5.15 inches) and almost same battery capacity ( around 3000 mah).
As i bought mi5 i was kinda having ok battert life from starting ...it was never upto the levels of mi4- which i still own and use...i told it to my friends and they said xiaomi devices get better with use so wait for updates .
So i waited for updates and i would update the phone as soon as the update rolled out here in India. The performance of phone got better..no doubt about that...but battery left kept decreasing over time with android system consuming most of the battery life so much so that if i went with 100% battery at 9 in morning to class the battery would reduce to below 30% by 4 in evening. I kept updating the phone with every update expecting xiaomi to fix this issue .
Nearly a month back i got a big update( 1.5 gb almost) to miui8.2.2. I thought this is it . All of my worries would end and i will never have to look back.
But adding to my woes this update sucked the little life left in me and worsened the battery.
What is it xiaomi...is it too much to fix bugs of your flagship device ....
Battery life cant compare to last year's flagship leave alone redmi note series.
I regret buying this device now..... considering few more bucks would've got me oneplus3 and even spending less bucks wouldve got me a better device overall redmi note 3 .
I wont bother buying your flagships any time soon . No doubt your sales are down in china. They know you inside out.

from app

from app
2017-04-20 02:20 AM
Reply Report

Rookie Bunny

1624118012 | from MI 4W

thanks for sharing
2017-04-20 02:49 AM
Reply Support Not support Report

Advanced Bunny

Vishal11in | from Redmi Note 3

bro i used mi5 for 2 days and found it not up to the matk with battery life plus speaker volume sucks big time. Redmi note 3 is way better than mi5
2017-04-20 08:01 AM

Semi Pro Bunny

Chinnu143 | from Redmi Note 3

Mi big failure with shit updates...they are completley not capable enough to handle bugs..
2017-04-20 09:29 AM

Pro Bunny

Mi JhoRoL | from MI 5

I agree with you
2017-04-20 01:18 PM

Advanced Bunny

1623217557 | from Redmi Note 3

my note 3 also gets bad in battery with every update
2017-04-20 01:45 PM

Pro Bunny

Rashid kamaal | from Redmi Note 4

Nice information
2017-04-21 11:48 AM

Rookie Bunny

sdfsdg10 | from app

Can you1 br Z
2017-04-21 01:47 PM

Pro Bunny

John009 | from mobile

Chinnu143
Mi big failure with shit updates...they are completley not capable enough to handle bugs..

As a former micromax/yu user I disagree,mi is much better with updates-consistent,stable,If there are any issues with updates they rectify it quickly with another update.It's not the best,but for the price you are paying it's good

2017-04-21 02:31 PM

Semi Pro Bunny

SPaalS | from MI 5

u are still very lucky that ur battery goes 9 to 4 and still there is 30% left. It takes three (3) charge every day and still with so much heating problem and a poor battery saver left with no other option but to go for a power bank of change the handset.  I have recently suited to One Plus and believe me, it's far far better then this piece of sh..., (the Team members will be ready with warning for the word) but actually the product quality is not up to the mark as of a bench mark product.
2017-04-21 08:22 PM

Rookie Bunny

Prince N.k | from MI 4W

Thanks for this info
2017-04-25 01:47 AM
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright@2010-2016 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list