In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Q&A] [HELP] Pocohone Bricked, only EDL mode is accessible

2019-04-17 21:52:26
659 7
Hi, I bought my phone in the end of the last year and I am really happy about it, but unfortunately last week it's starting to freeze and lagging so I tried to force a shutdown holding the power button,  after a while it seems to turn off but after that when I tried to power on, the phone remains in black screen.

I tried to access recovery mode and fastboot mode for several times (in the beginning I managed to enter a few times in recovery/fastboot but after the android or xiaomi logo appears it freezes), I also followed the steps Xiaomi Global Service told me to do (By Email), with no succedd, I live in Brazil so I don't have a official assistance for the phone but I took the phone to some local phone assistance and they didn't manage to recover it either (I think they tried the fastboot method too). After bringing the phone i tried again to connect it to my computer and for my surprise after some time, it recognizes this:

After some research it appears my device is in EDL mode, is that correct?

I didn't open it for the test point procedure, but it seems is constantly in this mode, i tried to follow some tutorials with mi flash but i can't flash because my mi account don't seems to have the authorization for it.

Also one thing strange that I noticed is this weird -1 device in mi flash devices list, maybe some internal memory was corrupted for some reason?

Can I receive this authorization to flash my phone?  There is any other thing that i may try before that?

Some more things about my phone:
  • After the "Brick" the led stop to lighting when connecting to the charger but after grabbing my phone in assistance it starts to blink when I tried to turn on(The battery is low at the moment I presumed), so i tried to charge it for some hours and the blink stops but it remains in black screen.
  • Is fastly consuming the battery, even after some hours of charge it seems to have low battery in the next morning when it starts to blink again. (The phone remains in black screen in all time so I presumed it is turned off, but it seems it not the case)
  • I do not have root, unlocked bootloader or any mod in this phone (I only tried to unlock bootloader after the 'Brick', to recover it but with no success)

Thanks in advance for any support and help.

2019-04-17 21:52:26
Favorites1 RateRate
Unfortunately, EDL authorization can only be availed through authorized service centers. We all are users here and we do not have the authorized accounts for EDL flashing. I am aware that there are no service centers available in Brazil, but your best bet is to contact them by email (as you have done earlier) and see what they recommend.

You can send me a PM if you need further assistance.

I hope you get your device fixed soon.

2019-04-17 22:23:31

Master Bunny

RedFox12 | from app

You can find people on ebay that offer edl authorization (try at your own risk).
2019-04-18 08:52:44

happybuddhist | from app

RedFox12
You can find people on ebay that offer edl authorization (try at your own risk).

Yeah, but not recommended at all. Most of the online stuff are scam.
2019-04-18 10:18:06
Unfortunately, nothing can be done.
Even I am certified technician of the Xiaomi brand (in my country). And I still expect Xiaomi to send me my authorized account.

It is unfortunate, since there are even official stores in my country.
I hope some senior charge read this and help me and their future clients in my country,
2019-04-18 11:34:13
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #5
I send an email to xiaomi service nad this is the xiaomi answer.

- Thank you for contacting Xiaomi Customer Support. I am Gurpreet and I understand that you wish to get the Mi Account Authorization.

I regret to inform you that as we are not having any option for Mi Account authorization or flashing of the device in the EDL Mode, so we won't be able to guide you with the same. And as your device has bricked, I would request you to walk into the service center along with the invoice if you have purchased the device from our authorized seller else you may contact with the point of purchase for further assistance. Please refer to the below given link for service center details: http://www.mi.com/sg/service/repair/.

Warranty of our products is 1 year for devices and 6 months for accessories. This warranty will not cover any human damage (physical or liquid damage) encountered on it.

Hope the above information helps you. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

2019-04-24 09:55:03
go to service centre, they will clean flash you
2019-04-25 07:12:25