In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Q&A] How to remove Xiaomi sarcastic nagging on Redmi Note 5

2019-04-17 14:57:11
579 14
Hello,

I live in the USA, so there are no MI stores. The only way is to purchase online like ebay or banggood. My first Xiaomi was a Redmi 3 Prime, and it was awesome, so when I upgraded, I purchased a Redmi Note 5 with a global rom.

My old Redmi 3 Prime came with China ROM, and when the global rom was released, I flashed the global rom to it. So, now with this Redmi Note 5, I did not pay attention to global and china versions of the smartphones themselves, because the precedent is to purchase phone, unlock bootloader, then flash your choice of rom to it.

My new Redmi Note 5 came with MIUI 9, and OTA updates updated it to 10, then after next update a pop up message began to appear DAILY multiple times PER DAY!!!

"Thank you for chosing Xiaomi!
However, the device you purchased is not an official global version. Hence, it will affect user's experience. Next time please purchase the official global version from official authorized channels."

Okay, Xiaomi, open a store here in the USA or sell your phones to USA customers at your site and ship them here! No problem, BUT if I have been supporting your products (8 total phones now purchased as a result of me, and showing my phone to family members), then why NAG me daily with this message with no way of stopping it.

Now that I am aware of your wishes Xiaomi due to you repeating this message on my phone over 100 times!!! Please STOP!!! Why treat me like this???

Please turn off the message or allow me to click a box that says "okay, understood, do not show message again", etc.

Is there a way to turn off this "Thank you for chosing Xiaomi!" message???

Regards,

Ticked off repeat customer in the USA

2019-04-17 14:57:11
Favorites3 RateRate

Pro Bunny

SandStorm_RS | from Redmi Note 5

First time I heard about this.
What's your version number?
2019-04-17 15:34:21

Mi Comm Editors

impreza233 | from Redmi Note 5

Fake ROM? Perhaps it could be this the reason for those messages.
2019-04-17 17:08:39
If you have China Device model, to use Global rom you should make sure bootloader is unlocked.
You are probably using Global rom in CN Hardware model with bootloader locked
2019-04-17 17:20:55

Pro Bunny

Marcos1809 | from Redmi Note 5

They sell officially on AliExpress. There's no need to buy the China version via 3rd parties.
You get the same kind of message USA software gives in regions affected by the USA export regulations, so don't be too surprised
2019-04-18 07:08:54

Rookie Bunny

stiggybaby Author |

Thanks for the reply impreza233, but that's not it.

Thanks for the reply Marcos1809, I did not know that. I will certainly check out AliExpress for my next purchase...

***IF*** I purchase another MI phone. If this cannot be resolved, then I will no longer be a Xiaomi customer. To NAG daily about this is going too far! I am thankful that Xiaomi has brought their change to my attention (regarding NOW having CN and Global versions), but very BAD decision for Xiaomi to NAG a very loyal customer NON-STOP DAILY about it!

Izaias aparecido, thanks for the reply. The bootloader is showing as locked but when I went to unlock it using Mi Flash Unlock Tool, it says that it's already unlocked. Any suggestions?

What about doing a factory reset? I cannot remember if a factory reset will take me back to the rom version how the phone arrived at the time of purchase, or if a factory reset will just wipe clean with the current updated rom and still leave me with this annoying multiple times per day message. I also read something about this phone having the newer anti-rollback, but I have not read about the anti-rollback enough to understand it yet.
2019-04-18 15:22:54

Rookie Bunny

stiggybaby Author |

Okay Marcos1809, so I went to aliexpress, and looked up the pocophone f1 and I see "Store: Xiaomi Online Store", somehow it looks more like some guy in his apartment just registered "Xiaomi Online Store" as his seller name instead of the actual Xiaomi company itself officially selling on aliexpress, or am I wrong?
2019-04-18 15:32:29

Semi Pro Bunny

royhard | from Redmi Note 5

can u try change region? is it available in china rom?
2019-04-18 17:58:46

Rookie Bunny

stiggybaby Author |

royhard replied at 2019-04-18 17:58:46
can u try change region? is it available in china rom?

Getting this message each and every day, multiple times per day:

However, the device you purchased is not an official global version. Hence, it will affect user's experience. Next time please purchase the official global version from official authorized channels."

began after a OTA update (not the update to MIUI 10, but the one after that).

It would be nice to get the phone to stop harrassing daily without attempting to flash the China ROM to it since I'm in the USA and really need Google Play. Besides that, flashing a ROM to a phone always involves some level of risk of a new problem by bricking it, and it seems all the more so with whatever this new anti-rollback allows or prevents.
2019-04-19 09:57:58
Hello,

Check Via fastboot command if BL is locked or not?

Unlock BL and flash latest OffiCIAL rom
2019-04-21 04:33:21

Rookie Bunny

stiggybaby Author |

Muz_paray replied at 2019-04-21 04:33:21
Hello,

Check Via fastboot command if BL is locked or not?

I appear to have BOTH a locked and unlocked bootloader on MEE7S with official global rom. I have received several OTA updates, so I know that it is the official rom...

... if I go into settings  additional settings  developer options  mi unlock status, then it reads UNLOCKED

... if I go to command prompt  fastboot oem device-info , then bootloader unlocked reads FALSE.

another bunny suggests that if I unlock bootloader, then the DAILY messages

will stop, but since I have both unlocked and locked bootloader, I am having problems unlocking it for real.
How would I go about COMPLETELY unlocking the bootloader?

2019-04-22 12:11:55