In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note

[Other] [Mi Explorer] Introduction & Redmi Note 4 Unboxing

2017-04-14 04:43:59
11206 5
Hi Mi Bunnies!

7108x2659 here. I am one of the five selected for the Redmi Note 4 Mi Explorer program and I shall start off this journey with an introduction of myself, as well as an unboxing video of the Redmi Note 4. Before I begin, I would like to thank Mi Singapore for once again selecting me for the Mi Explorer program.

I love smartphones, so much so that almost half of my instagram posts have something to do with smartphones. I got my first smartphone, the iPhone 3G, almost six years. (It was my mom's old phone) It was lagging so badly that I only used it for a month. My next device was the Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) which I used for over a year before I dropped and broke it, like every other phone I had. Oops. It was the device that got me into rooting and flashing custom ROM. In the past six years, I switched between quite a bit of phones, including the the LG G2, Lenovo A7000, OPPO R9, iPhone SE and of course, the Redmi Note 3 from the previous Mi Explorer Program. For the past six months, I have been using the iPhone SE as my daily driver and coming back to an Android device feels refreshing.

I have been really into smartphones since I got the LG G2 in 2014 but only got into writing on smartphones since I joined Mi Community. I have written a couple of reviews in the past two years on various forum, including my OPPO R9 review on OPPO community and iPhone SE review on Singtel community (now defunct). My Redmi Note 3 review from the previous Mi Explorer program can be found here. I have also reviewed other type of products and they can be found here:

There are a couple of things I look for in my phone and at the top of the list sits battery life. While I do not require all my devices to last me two full days on moderate to heavy usage, I expect them to be able to get me through a regular day at the very least. Fast charging is a plus but not a must. Next on the list is performance. I am not a heavy smartphone gamer by any means so all I am looking for is being able to handle daily tasks like web surfing, video consumption and light to moderate gaming without a hitch. Rounding up my top 3 requirements is camera. The quality of smartphone camera is highly dependent on how much you are paying. Hence, the way I judge my phone's camera would be based how phones in the same price range perform. For phones in the $200-$300 price range like the Redmi Note 4, at the very minimum, photos taken in great lighting have to be great. These will be the key areas I will be looking out for on the Redmi Note 4.

I have been using a black Redmi Note 4 (purchased from Mi Home @ Suntec City) alongside my iPhone SE for over a week now and I have a lot that I want to say about the device. My review will be coming out really shortly and I will be comparing the Redmi Note 4 to last year's Redmi Note 3. To make it extra special, I will be typing the entire review on the black Redmi Note 4, with all photos taken and edited on the Redmi Note 4. I will try to do it all on a single charge, which is definitely possible considering the Redmi Note 4's impressive battery life. Can't wait for that to happen. Meanwhile, enjoy the unboxing video for the dark grey Redmi Note 4 below, recorded on the black Redmi Note 4 using timelapse feature. (Edited in iMovie on iPhone SE) If you have any questions regarding the Redmi Note 4, feel free to leave them here and I will try to answer them.

2017-04-14 04:43:59
Favorites RateRate
Nice unbox!
2017-04-14 05:19:50

Mi FC President

Sam Young | from app

Nice! awaiting for more reviews about the specs and battery life reviews
2017-04-14 21:16:12
Sam Young replied at 2017-04-15 09:16 AM

Battery life is good. Coming from me, where all my phones never give me more than a day of use if I don't top up charge, you better believe. Hahaha!
2017-04-14 21:26:23
Nice Nice! Look forward to your review! :D
2017-04-14 21:27:33
Sam Young replied at 2017-04-15 09:16 AM

Why one eternity later? Did it take that long?
2017-04-14 21:27:39