Mi 5

[Review] A Quick look at What's new in Android Nougat on Mi 5!

2017-04-14 03:25:15
83980 142
Hey Mi Fans,
The wait is over! Android Nougat has arrived for Xiaomi Mi 5. Just a few days back the update started rolling out to users. If you want to update your phone to Android Nougat then just go to the updater-check for updates and update your phone. I have updated my Mi 5 to the Android N based MIUI 8 stable and I am here to share whats New in the update, So lets start:

Home screen

Now the home screen settings have been added into the settings itself. From the new home screen settings you can select the home launcher you want. even you can turn on or off empty filter cells, if you enable it then when you delete an app the other app takes it place to avoid blank spaces between the apps. There is one more exciting option is there that is lock home screen layout, The way it works is you can lock your home screen layot no which means if yo have done special designs by re arranging apps in different ways no one else can change it.

Antivirus Scan
We all know anti virus scan was available earlier also but there is a new change in it, now the Antivirus also scans and searches if any viruses are present in the apps which are not downloaded from play store which means a better security to your phone! So now you can download apps without worrying much about security.

Automatic Task
What if some of your becomes automatic? Yes this feature was earlier available only in beta rom but now it has also arrived to stable!! You can find it in security app,jst open the security app and scroll down a little bit and you will find it.

It comes with 2 feature that are ment to save the battery and use of flight mode, between it you can even create a new commands.You can also add things according to your preferance by clicking plus icon there.

New Notifications Toggle Button !
There is a new notification toggle button so now you can directly on and off things from there by clicking on more you can on / off the function which you want from the notification bar by pressing the more option.

You can also add the battery saver toggle in the main toggle. So no longer you need to go into security app and enable the battery saver,now you can enable it just by clicking one button from notification toggle

New keyboard icon!
Now there is a new keyboard icon when ever u type something you will notice that a new type of icon for keyboard appears

Should you update?
The ROM is pretty stable with almost no bugs. The bug in playstore regarding waiting for wifi is being also fixed in latest stable ROM, so you need not worry about that. According to me you should update and experience the Android Nougat with new features on the Xiaomi Mi 5!!

Special thanks to @Gowthi for helping me with the thread

Rate

Number of participants 12 Experience +102 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-04-14 03:25:15
Favorites40 RateRate
Helpful for many......!
2017-04-14 03:29:30
Thanks for Sharing
2017-04-14 03:46:34
Nice share mate !
2017-04-14 04:27:49

Happy To Help :-)

Device team

Sourav A K | from mobile

Good thread bro
2017-04-14 04:46:40
Thanks for sharing:-)
This will help many Mi Fans

2017-04-14 05:21:12

Thanks for the look !!
2017-04-14 09:50:28
2017-04-16 21:20:47
Dear Life Make Me Famous, But Keep Me Unknown
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #8
oh its having great experience with nougat.
2017-04-17 07:07:34
real nougut feature like doze mode, multi window and other cool stuff missing
2017-04-17 08:10:11
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

APP scratch card
APP
6th MIUI
2016 Diwali with Mi
3 hari berturut-turut
7 hari berturut-turut