Mi 5

[Discussion] Cannot Remove Google Account

2017-04-10 19:48:39
606 3

I added by mistake another person google account to my phone and I am not able to remove it.

I already revised several posts about this but cannot get the final screen where I am supoused to choose the account I want to remove and then hit the 3 dots (...) to choose remove account.

What I am doing is going to Settings - Other Accounts - Google but after I hit Google the phone freezes for about 5 or 6 seconds and then return to the initial Settings Screen. (Not beeing able to see the screen with my google accounts).

Any help will be apreciated!

I am attaching an image of the "About Phone" with the information of my phone.

2017-04-10 19:48:39
Favorites RateRate

Please see steps mentioned on the thread below:

And if you are still unable to remove google account then you might have to do the factory reset and prior to doing factory reset please take backup of all important data that you have.
2017-04-11 10:11:49

Rookie Bunny

Gonsai Author |

Thanks for your answer Jagmeet!

I had reviewed that thread before without success in my case.

I am glad to tell you that after a lot of searching I found the solution to my problem.

I checked (enable) the option "Turn on MIUI optimization" under Additional Settings - Developer options and fix the problem.

After enabling that option the phone reboots automatically and after thatI was able to go to Settings - Other accounts - Google - Select account - Tap More (...) - Remove Account.

In order to help maybe somebody else with this problem let me tell you something else:

After enabling "Turn on MIUI optimization" the "Other accounts" screen change a little bit... I am attaching a picture where you can see this symbol (>) at the end of each account. When "Turn on MIUI optimization" option was disabled, the "Other accounts" screen did not show this symbol (>) at the end of each account.

2017-04-11 10:58:06
I am always excited about this MI smart phones File explorer and am always using this or suggest my friends that nothing is better than this.
2018-03-13 09:31:53