In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Deals

[Discussion] Where to buy Xiaomi Mi9 12gb RAM version

2019-03-01 23:11:11
558 10
Whilst I don't encourage people to buy and import from resellers unless they know EXACTLY what they are getting into. It seems as though we may not get the Xiaomi Mi 9 12gb RAM officially in the UK for a while unless there's enough demand so I heard. I've decided that I do want to get the Mi9 but only if it's the 12gb for a couple of reasons. But it looks like I'll be looking into resellers for this. If anyone knows of any link that has 12gb version from the resellers please post a link so that others can benefit from this too. I have seen some amazing deals from Amazon Spain and Italy going with the base model for just £400 after the conversion! So hoping we can get the best deal possible for the 12gb version.
2019-03-01 23:11:11
Favorites1 RateRate
Ok, not talking as a mod on that one. A quick google search showed that a few of the usual suspects seem to have it. I know it was supposed to hit the shelves today, so it MIGHT be true they have it in stock, though, as you mentioned, when dealing with importers there is never a certainty that it's not just a listing to gather orders and then get the stock in.
One thing that strikes me on the spec panel on one of the sites says that it doesn't have Band 20, so I'd be careful on that one. If it's not an issue, then good hunting :)
2019-03-02 04:55:45

Pro Bunny

Kenny_P | from app

like most resellers, it's definitely hit or miss as to whether they actually have stock or if they are waiting on securing stock. it will only ever run the Chinese ROM, and while it has English language and you can install the Google play services + Playstore, it will never work quite as well as a stock global rom outside China.  nothing major just wee things will crop up and quirks, like sometimes notifications won't come through and some of the UI won't be in perfect English.

I have used Chinese variants of some Xiaomi phones and I personally never minded the quirks but definitely takes some working to have it the way you want it.

without band 20 I have never really going an issue but then only used 3 and EE.

I think if you want the 12gb version might be a punt to wait another few weeks untill stock is secured by other resellers and prices stabilise.

I would have paid on pre order for a mi 9 12gb but since it's not even mentioned for global I have decided to go back to waiting.  I mean the Poco is about £200 the now so it's dropped massively, the Poco 2 will inevitably be a better device in build design and no doubt use the Snapdragon 855, if that comes in about £300 then it's a good enough device for me until the perfect device comes along.  

I was going to go redmi note 7 pro in the interim, then my wife could get it in a few months after I settled on an 855 device but after Jerry's video, it kinds gave me the fear a bit, I mean I get it's plastic frame will flex and bend (and potentially be better in a drop and the frame will absorb shock rather than send it through a ridged design and then the screen) it cracked open like a pistachio a little easy.

duno, Xiaomi need to get the higher ram phones into the UK and stop this 6gb max limit (well besides the mi8 pro which is an exception)
2019-03-02 06:13:22

Pro Bunny

Zethazed | from app

none of you is thinking to wait for a phone that actually has 5G? I guess that matters if you think to stick with your phone for a long time (me), but if you are one of those people that like to change phone every year or whenever a new model that they like is out, I guess it is not a problem not having a model with 5G!
2019-03-02 06:23:19

Pro Bunny

YuTech Author | from app

Zethazed
none of you is thinking to wait for a phone that actually has 5G? I guess that matters if you think  ...

If you want to pay for an arm and a leg for 5g then go for it lol. That's what it's always like for early adopters on new network speeds.
2019-03-02 06:43:51
Zethazed replied at 2019-03-02 11:23:19
none of you is thinking to wait for a phone that actually has 5G? I guess that matters if you think  ...

My work phone will be, but for personal stuff, I don't need it right now. And to boot, I tend to change phones every twelve minutes, so...
2019-03-02 09:17:31

SirLukas | from app

Of all the phone spec arms races, RAM makes the least sense to me. When Google, who have a pretty good idea how Android works, only puts 4gb RAM in the Pixel 3 XL then 12gb RAM is utterly ridiculous. I'll be more than happy with a 6gb RAM Mi 9 ;-)
2019-03-02 14:02:06
SirLukas

Pro Bunny

YuTech Author | from app

SirLukas
Of all the phone spec arms races, RAM makes the least sense to me. When Google, who have a pretty go ...

I've owned pretty much every Nexus, flashed for years came to all the Pixels and for Google to put 4gb RAM for the last couple years when it's suffering from performance. Your comment was true up till Pixel 2 came out. After that it's not taken to be seriously lol. Google in the last couple of updates have done some poor optimisations. At the end 6gb is NEEDED. The amount people I heard complained about the Pixel performance was shocking and was unbelievable, until I experienced it myself on my Pixel 3. I did notice it on 2 but that was really a minor.

The 12gb is for a name statement. I'm luckily getting the 12gb because of the better camera in it.
2019-03-02 14:09:54

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

Another thing to bear in mind is the dedicated assistant button, I have the 8gb mix 3 China version, the assistant button is not Google so its unusable and cannot be changed until a global rom is released  and flashed over the Chinese rom
2019-03-02 14:47:29
no mi without you

SirLukas | from app

spud77
Another thing to bear in mind is the dedicated assistant button, I have the 8gb mix 3 China version, ...

Great point Spud
2019-03-03 10:17:13
SirLukas

I'm bought my Mi 9 here, received, delivery was fast...like 2 days before ETA. Great device, the whole process exceeded my expectations.
2019-05-13 22:10:36
I love my