In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[News] Will Mi9 and Mix 3 get Widevine L1 support?

2019-02-25 20:04:30
1655 3

Basically for those who don't know, if you have Netflix or Amazon Prime Video and you can watch HD quality then your device supports the L1. In the past we have seen another company that has asked its users to physically send in the devices as it's not a normal OTA and it needs to be done by the OEM at their very computer which is encrypted etc.

So I stumbled on this (screenshot title) on XDA that the PocoF1 will get the L1 support and here is the link on what's the details regarding it. https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-poco-f1-widevine-l1-miui-beta/

So does Mi9 ship with Widevine L1 support? Because if not, it'll be disappointing and we'll suffer watching in SD quality. Hoping to hear good news regarding this.
2019-02-25 20:04:30
Favorites3 RateRate

Pro Bunny

tomachas | from app

I am  expecting  Mi9 flagship by default having this feature. But this is just expectations. Having said that very important feature. I normally toggle between Amazon prime and netflix and care about quality of content.
2019-02-26 01:21:07

Pro Bunny

Kenny_P | from app

hopefully but I think the Poco is the first to have L1 enabled. the crazy thing is it's free to apply and get approval so no idea why Xiaomi didn't do it before now other than it maybe screws with their roadmap and release dates due to additional certification requirements
2019-02-27 13:37:39
I can confirm that the Mi 9 does support L1, see image for confirmation.
2019-03-08 19:24:25