How to install Gcam on your device without the risk of rooting!
Hi Mi users,
I got some good news for you today. You can now install gcam on your device without rooting it. Sounds great right ?! Lately, I tried many methods of installing gcam but the root of the device was there. I researched many times and encountered many difficulties during some procedure. But now, I got it !
Requirements on your pc:
First Things First ! Ready your device !
Now! We are proceeding on the procedure!
1. Double check your device. (Unlocked bootloader, USB debugging, security, etc)
2. Install the ADB drivers on your pc (please install the adb driver while your device is connected to your pc)
3. Extract the platform tool on your pc.
4. Take your device and put it on the Fastboot mode. Don't disconnect your phone on the pc. (To do this, turn off your phone and hold your power button + Volume down simultaneously)
5. Open the platform tools folder that you extract on the step 3.
6. On the platform tools folder hold the shift-key then right-click and select the "Open command window here".
6.1. If the Shift-key right-click didn't work. You can type on the directory the word "cmd" then enter
7. Now you are on the cmd type the following command typed on the notes then enter.
Note: The twrpfile.img was depend on the name of the twrp.img. I suggest to drag the twrp file on the cmd. So it will goes like this..
drag.jpg (72.84 KB, Downloads: 0)
2019-02-20 23:46:08 Upload
end.jpg (68.01 KB, Downloads: 0)
2019-02-20 23:46:10 Upload
8. Now your device was on the TWRP mode. Don't make any changes on your device don't touch.
9. Now run the following command on the cmd prompt. (It was written on the notes don't worry.)
setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
setprop persist.camera.eis.enable 1
adb reboot bootloader
10. Camera2api is now enable and the device was already restarted. Now install the Gcam on your device like a normal apk file.
Success! The gcam was installed on your device and you can now use it.
Any OTA update on MIUI was still you are eligable to receive without losing the camera2api settings!
Enjoy using your device!
Rumors to myself:
I think you can still do this method on other device but remember do at your own risk.
Only you have to do is to change the TWRP.img you can download some TWRP
Thank you ! and Have a great day !
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .