In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tips and Tricks

[Tutorial] Protecting Your Eyes From Harm: Setting up Pocophone F1 Blue Light Filter

2019-02-08 09:23:22
2646 9

Many of us had developed the habit of reading thru smartphones as, by just merely common sense, it's so much more flexible and convenient since almost all books nowadays have pdf version (or whatever other format is readable) that can easily be downloaded from the web; mostly for free! However, despite the comfort of having the whole library in your palm, it's worth noting that there always exist something bad in eveything (just like Yin would never exist without Yang). In this case, it's the stress in your eyes caused by over exposure to blue light (This is based on scientific studies, just google it).

With this fact, most, if not all, of the smart phone brands had launched their own in-OS blue light filter to help ease eye discomforts as we enjoy reading our favorite articles (perhaps like this one?). Here now, in this article, I'll be showing you how to set it up in MIUI in general or in Pocophone F1 in particular.

It's actually quite easy. From your home screen, just swipe down to show the quick settings menu. From the menu, find the one with an eye icon, then long press it.

Reading mode menu will then pop up. Here you can set, if you want it to happen automatically, the time as to when the reading mode should activate as well as the stregth of blue light filter.

That's it, you're done. Your eyes are just thanking you right now!

If in case you were not able to find the 'eye' icon from your quick settings menu, try clicking the 'more' icon and find it from there. Happy reading! :)

2019-02-08 09:23:22
Favorites8 RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Xiakol | from Redmi 5A

asdfghjkl  coooooool
2019-03-03 07:20:56
Thanks for sharing this cool tip!
2019-03-03 13:41:14
I'm Sofia, Mi Comm Team Member.
Thank you for this great tip!
2019-03-03 21:03:33
Be Good. Be Kind. Be Happy.
#TeamCastle
IG @nettecastle
Twitter: NetteCastle
sana my poco din ako hahhaha
2019-03-04 00:39:28

Super moderator

Czedie | from app

Awesome tip. Keep them coming.
2019-03-04 06:06:27
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #6
hoping that somebody could tip me on how to address issues on blacked screen while playing ROS using pocophone. that would be epic..whew
2019-03-19 11:02:29

Rookie Bunny

zieloO | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

great ..tnx
2019-07-03 10:41:36

Rookie Bunny

1902560532 | from app

nice i like it
2019-08-10 20:04:50