In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8

[Discussion] Water Damage! Can Mi 8 survive ?

2019-02-05 04:47:39
345 2
Is there a hope for Xiaomi Mi 8 that went through washing machine over night ?I tried everything that I could. Put it immediately to the rice box for a week till now. I was searching on the internet that anythingI could do to save it . Then I followed a video on youtube and teardown. I did not see any water damage inside. I tried to charge it many times but it's still not getting warmer. Any one has a solution ? It's hard for me to find a Mi store in Japan, I can say that there is no store in Japan

2019-02-05 04:47:39
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

5209259369 | from MI 8

not sure what kind of water are talking about
2019-03-25 09:17:15

Pro Bunny

Azor Ahai | from MI 8

one of the worst thing that you can do, after an electronic device submerged into a liquid is to charge it. you should have waited for at least a week or pry it open to dry it for a few days just to be sure before attempting to power it on or charge it.
2019-04-10 10:13:11