Hello Mi Fans!|
Today,I will be discussing how to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Whyred) Device. Thisdevice has been long released but there is still a few that is confused on howto root their device due to the Anti-Rollback feature.
Rootingis the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devicesrunning the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (knownas root access) over various Android subsystems.
Anti-rollback is a feature implemented by Xiaomi toprevent users and other consumer to flash lower versions of the ROM theycurrently use. As Google announced, the ARB protection will be active only ifthe device has locked bootloader and once unlocked the ARB will be disabled.
Howdoes Anti Rollback affect the rooting process?
Anti-rollback reportedly disables flashing or bootingof custom recoveries. Fortunately, those with Anti-Rollback protection value of3 can proceed to the normal rooting process which will be discussed below.However, those with Anti-Rollback protection value 4 should take some precaution.Read more about it here.
The rooting process
A. Disabling the Windows DriverSignature Enforcement
1. Clickthe Start menu and select Settings.
2. Click Updateand Security.
3. Clickon Recovery.
4. Click Restart now under AdvancedStartup.
5. Click Troubleshoot.
6. Click Advancedoptions.
7. Click StartupSettings.
8. Clickon Restart.
9. Onthe Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signatureenforcement.
B. Installing Drivers
1. Rightclick MiUsbDriver.exe and select Run as administrator
2. Click Install
3. When prompted with this:
C. Installing Minimal ADB and Fastboot
1. Open minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.2_setup.exe
2. Select I Accept the Agreement
3. Click Next (3x)
4. Check Create a Desktop Icon
5. Click Next
6. Click Install
7. Click Finish
8. Exit the Command Prompt
D. Placing Files
1. Copy twrp-3.2.3-2-whyred.img to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB andFastboot
2. Rename twrp-3.2.3-2-whyred.img to whyred.img
3. Exit all Folders
1. Copy Magisk-v18.0.zip to your SDCARD
2. Copy whyred.img to your SDCARD
1. Turn off your device
2. Press Power Button + Volume Down to boot into Fastboot Mode
3. Once you see the Fastboot logo on your device, Connect it to your PC
4. Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot
5. On the command prompt type
fastboot boot whyred.img
6. Wait for your device to boot into TWRP
7. If Prompted. Choose “Keep system read only”
8. Tap Install Select Storage MicroSD card
9. Choose Magisk-v18.0.zip
10. Swipe to Install
“Congratulations!! You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Device”
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .