To Mi Store Philippines (Grimalkin Corporation)
I’d like to express my greatest disappointment with Grimalkin Corporation how they handled their aftersales. I don’t usually post rants on Facebook or anywhere but it would be unfair for me if I just let it pass.
I’ve bought a Mi Notebook Pro 15.6” during SM Megamall opening last March 17, 2018. It was running fine until I encountered a screen issue while I was using it for work. A fraction of the screen started flickering and turned black. This happened at the night of DECEMBER. 26, 2018. I’ve showed this to my friend (who happens to be from Xiaomi Philippines) right away who also bought the same unit during the opening. He was kind enough to go with me at GMC office.
THE MORNING AFTER, DECEMBER 27, 2018, I went along with my friend to Grimalkin office to have it diagnosed and fixed. One of the employees, Krizia, assisted us very well. We gave the laptop to the technician, Elmer, and we sat at the sofa while waiting for the diagnosis. Elmer called us back to take a look and told us there were missing screws on the fan. He said that this means the laptop was opened prior to his disassembly. I was surprised because I never opened the laptop and I have no reason to. So I told them I DID NOT open the laptop at any point. I’m NOT STUPID to fix the problem by myself when it’s under warranty. And besides, the issue happened the night before, and then we brought it the morning after because I didn’t want to let the issue stay for so long.
We were asked to go back at the waiting area and Elmer continued with the repair. He called us again after quite some time and then told us there was/were screws which is/are lose-threaded. Telling us that someone has tried to dissembled the unit. I explained them again that I NEVER OPENED the laptop.He showed us more signs that the unit was tampered which I have completely no idea how did it happened.
The screen laptop was replaced but he said that we have to pay because the warranty is VOID. I said I don’t want to pay for something that I am NOT LIABLE to. Elmer then told us we have to leave the laptop to them first while they report the case to Xiaomi Headquarters.
JANUARY 18, 2019, Mika, from Grimalkin contacted my friend and he said that I have to pay for the replacement which costs P12,510 + P350 labor fee. I tried contacting the people from Grimalkin but they said they’ll stick to their decision of letting me pay.
Here are the points I’d like to tell:
- First of all, I never opened the laptop. I’m 100% sure of that. They asked for a proof that I didn’t open it which OBVIOUSLY I can’t provide.
- Elmer told me that there was no signs of tampering from outside, just from the inside.
- Absence of warranty stickers (on the screws) by default makes cases like this very hard to solve.
- It’s also important to mention we were not facing Elmer when he was diagnosing the laptop.
- I’m NOT STUPID to open the laptop to fix it if it’s under warranty.
- If it’s not me or the technician who opened the laptop, it means I bought a tampered unit, right?
- No one uses the laptop except me, it’s my work laptop.
- It’s NOT MY PROBLEM where or when did the tampering occur but I’m sure it’s not on my part.
- Again, I AM NOT PAYING FOR SOMETHING I AM NOT LIABLE.
- MY HONESTY IS NOT WORTH THE SMALL PRICE OF
12K PESOS. I WILL NOT LIE JUST TO GET AWAY WITH
- I told them I’ll be settling this legally but you know what they said? They told me that I HAVE NO PROOF SO THERE IS NO POINT.
I’m a fan of Xiaomi and I am impressed by the technology they are bringing with very good price points. I even recommend Xiaomi products to my friends and family especially the phones. However, issues like this hurts the brand and it does not agree with the fact that Xiaomi really cares for their fans. I’m also calling directly at Xiaomi, who I can maybe ask for help to settle this issue with your distributor here in PH. I really wished you have picked a better distributor who also genuinely care for your consumers.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .