In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Feedback

[] SMS cannot send

2019-01-14 02:31:03
1802 1
I would like to share a solution to a problem I had.

I'm not sure when it started, but suddenly, I could not send any SMS from either Sim1 or SIM2 on my REDMI NOTE 2.

My solution after trying many, many other things which didn't work was:

1) Go to System Apps > Messaging > Additional Settings > Short Messaging Service Centre (SMSC).

2) Select your Sim slot 1 or 2.

3) Depending on the ur service provider, key in the SMS Service Centre Number. You can get this by contacting your service provider or just search for it in Google.

That's it. You probably have to wait a while. It may not be necessary, but I restarted my phone. I went back to the SMSes which could not be sent out (indicated with the red "failed" marker). I clicked on it & suddenly it could be sent out.

Try it. I hope it works for you.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-01-14 02:31:03
Favorites3 RateRate
Excellent !  It worked for me, I just bought a Note 7 and #@$@grrrrr#$@ sms cannot send.  Then I saw your post, the SMSC number on my phone was +7.

Lucky I have other Xiaomi phones, so I just copied the SMSC number from one phone.  Other phones had empty (but all sms were working).  I tried to just make it empty, but it won't save if empty.

Thanks
2019-06-12 15:12:29